light bar installation

mtb01

Established Member
Used the search button but can't find it. I thought there was a great write up about this, but can't find it.

mtb01

Established Member
Got it in and I'll post pics later. I LOVE IT!!!! I honestly can tell a difference in stiffness. I've lost alot of the creaks I had before. Makes the car look so much better.

divided

Established Member
Got it in and I'll post pics later. I LOVE IT!!!! I honestly can tell a difference in stiffness. I've lost alot of the creaks I had before. Makes the car look so much better.

Nice dude, did my writeup help at all? Did you run into any issues?

mtb01

Established Member
Helped alot. Great write up. Here are a few pics.
Found all kinds of stuff under the seats.
Lightbarinstall005.jpg

Me Standing and watching. I did alot of that. I aint to smart.
Lightbarinstall006.jpg

Lightbarinstall007.jpg

Crazy Step bro in goofey hat.
Lightbarinstall009.jpg

Lightbarinstall022.jpg

Lightbarinstall027.jpg

This was under my seat. Pretty cool it said terminator on it.
Lightbarinstall030.jpg

Lightbarinstall033.jpg

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
mtb01 - Did you also install the wiring upgrade that turns off the brake light whenever the top is up? It's relatively cheap and an easy install...

G04cobra

Established Member
where do you get that wiring upgrade? i feel bad when i have passengers in the back i blind them whenever i brake

ditchsnake

Established Member
Great thread

I've been thinking about doing a light bar too. Is yours the cdc? Where did you find the best price? Thank you.

Steve2050

Established Member
Is the outer surface a padded material? Can it be painted to body color? Those light bars make a vert look killer.

ditchsnake

Established Member
Another question

I've been looking for one. Found a charcoal for 429 with free shipping. Anyplace cheaper? Do you guys have the black one or the grey to match our interiors? Thought either would probably look good. How does the switch work to shut off the lights when the top is up? Is there some sort of mechanical switch that gets puched when the top is up?

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I've been looking for one. Found a charcoal for 429 with free shipping. Anyplace cheaper? Do you guys have the black one or the grey to match our interiors? Thought either would probably look good. How does the switch work to shut off the lights when the top is up? Is there some sort of mechanical switch that gets puched when the top is up?

Haney Motorsports have them on sale for $419.95 with free shipping:

http://www.shop.hms-store.com/produ...30919.qscstrfrnt03?productId=13&categoryId=-1

You will want the Midnight (dark charcoal) version... :beer:

divided

Established Member
Is the outer surface a padded material? Can it be painted to body color? Those light bars make a vert look killer.

The surface is padded yes. A few people have color matched theirs with the body color, but im not totally sure they were cdc lightbars.

Users who are viewing this thread