lightest rims possible for our cars?

Voice of Reason

Established Member
I would like to get new rims for my car in either 17" or 18" but I'm only interested in getting new ones if they are lighter than the stock ones. If money was not part of the equation, what are the best/lightest rims available in either a highly polished or chrome finish? I'm having a hard time finding good websites with rims for our cars. Thanks.

tommygun

Established Member
enkei wheels are light

steeda ultra lights

CCWs

chrome adds alot of weight so pick and choose what is most important

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Tommy,

Do you have the exact weight on those wheels?

I jus ordered the BBS RK Plasma wheels...18lbs. each

tommygun

Established Member
most listed are 16-19lbs so the BBS is also a great choice and killer looking too

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Fikse wheels, which are forged, are probably the lightest and strongest available. They're steep though, about $600 or so each.

I think stock wheels are about 25 lbs each. I know my stock wheel and tire together is 54 pounds. I think 18" Fikses are 18 pounds.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Brands that are super light and have a great rep include:

Racing Hart
SSR
BBS

I personally like the SSR GT-3 and the BBS RK Plasma. If I were you I would narrow it down to a set of wheels you like the look of, and are made in the sizes you want, then call the manufacturer (or major retailer like tirerack) and ask about weight. Also remember that your tires will weigh more than your wheels so you tire choice is also very important if you are looking to keep weight to a minimum.

Gook luck,

Kyle

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I have been very happy with CCW's, but I don't know how much they weigh. I will do some searching and see if I can find out.

Andy M

Established Member
I have a set of Steeda Ultralights for track use.. size 18X9 and I think they are around 18 pounds each, as opposed to the stock R rims which are a whopping 32 pounds each!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread