Lighting +1 BMW 0

JohninMD

Established Member
My bosses bosses boss has a company BMW 335 twin turbo he picked up a few months ago, finally got a chance to race him today!

We both turned right , he was in front of me, I could tell when he got on it, the rear end lowered down a bit and a puff of smoke appeared when he punched it, I punched it then and slowly reeled him in until I was 1 car length ahead of him and shut down because of cars ahead.

Spoke to him afterwards and at first he tried to say he didnt know we were racing lol he was surprised he was beaten by a truck though thats for sure! He did have a passenger so I think that might be part of the reason I walked him but the passenger did say he was racing it and neither of them could believe it when i went by!

I just hope it doesnt affect my raise this year haha

I'm almost stock by the way, only change is a Bassani cat-back and rear hitch removed.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
nice kill . there is a 335 thats running lost of boost local that runs low 10s . never know what you might meet up

JohninMD

Established Member
I know the one I raced was stock, I don't think the boss really knew what my truck was and probably did not get into it 100% until I was pulling away lol

Qwk GT

Established Member
Good kill.

I'm surprised most people don't know anything about the lightning. Must be a priceless expression on their face as they get pulled by a pickup.

Lowrie

Established Member
My bosses bosses boss has a company BMW 335 twin turbo he picked up a few months ago, finally got a chance to race him today!

We both turned right , he was in front of me, I could tell when he got on it, the rear end lowered down a bit and a puff of smoke appeared when he punched it, I punched it then and slowly reeled him in until I was 1 car length ahead of him and shut down because of cars ahead.

Spoke to him afterwards and at first he tried to say he didnt know we were racing lol he was surprised he was beaten by a truck though thats for sure! He did have a passenger so I think that might be part of the reason I walked him but the passenger did say he was racing it and neither of them could believe it when i went by!

I just hope it doesnt affect my raise this year haha

I'm almost stock by the way, only change is a Bassani cat-back and rear hitch removed.

You're effin' fired!!! :cuss:

J/K ;-)

Zeekmann

Established Member
Nice, those 335i's come alive with some software, I want one!!! Nice daily driver

Unoid

Established Member
tuner, intake, exhaust those 135/335's make 350/350 to the wheels. not bad

Deuuuce

Established Member
nice kill . there is a 335 thats running lost of boost local that runs low 10s . never know what you might meet up

That would be on NO2. First I've heard of it though.

A 335 running low 10's? Any links or anything, very curious..... haven't seen any that fast. later Ron

Me neither. I believe the best traps are in the 117-118mph with a strong tune and bolt-ons. There is one supposedly verified that ran an 11.99 @ 117.5mph with minimal bolt-ons + tune.

Last edited:

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
I haven't ran a Lightning yet in my 335i. You should beat your Boss' 335i if it is stock. They are quick, but will not beat you stock.

Though, mine is tuned so I think I would beat a Lightning. I'm curious to find out. This car is a whole new animal with my V3 PROcede. I'm running 16psi instead of the stock 8psi. I'll post some numbers of when I get the car on the dyno hopefully later this month along with a more aggressive tune.

For the record, I just 'killed' an STi on my way to work earlier that wouldn't stop trying to get me to race him.

tuner, intake, exhaust those 135/335's make 350/350 to the wheels. not bad

With the new V3 and said mods (intake, exhaust) the numbers are mostly around 400-405rwhp. :beer:

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
I really want a 135i, will be my next car purchase, might be a while though lol.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
I haven't ran a Lightning yet in my 335i. You should beat your Boss' 335i if it is stock. They are quick, but will not beat you stock.

Though, mine is tuned so I think I would beat a Lightning. I'm curious to find out. This car is a whole new animal with my V3 PROcede. I'm running 16psi instead of the stock 8psi. I'll post some numbers of when I get the car on the dyno hopefully later this month along with a more aggressive tune.

For the record, I just 'killed' an STi on my way to work earlier that wouldn't stop trying to get me to race him.

With the new V3 and said mods (intake, exhaust) the numbers are mostly around 400-405rwhp. :beer:

I know you have a 335i but I disagree on it not being able to beat a Lightning stock vs stock. They can run mid to low 13's stock and trap higher than the L. I think it'd be a good race from a stop but the twin turbo should pull as speeds increase.

vin1382

Established Member
I ran one about a week ago on the parkway. Was pretty quick. I took him by about 2 cars from 70-130. I very rarely race, but I had an adrenaline rush and decided what the heck. Had to have been modded.

JohninMD

Established Member
Based on riding with the boss since the race, and the race itself, I think stock vs stock a lightning would take the 335 in the 1/4 mile, beyond that it's the BMW's race.

We raced again from a 30 roll, i pulled and stayed ahead until we shut down at 90mph. My trap speed was 101 in the 1/4 at 13.7 with full weight.

After the roll race and when on the ride with him I told him "ya know, if we were on PINKS, I would own this car next race" lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread