Lightning at VIR

jhonda

Established Member
Long video not much excitment there is a coupe of times where I get alittle sideways through turns 4-5a. and also me having to refuel during the middle of it. I know Im a rookie but man it was fun. I did do some passing but did'nt have a video of it. One was a 72 porche 911 with slicks and I believe a cage a couple of new boss mustangs, and a 96ish mustang cobra.
I was doing 135-138 in the back 125ish in the front stretch. It was hot that day around 85 degrees.
street nitto 555s stock brakes(suck) burnt a set of pads up in 2 hours
VIR Ford Lightning May 27th 2012 - YouTube

first lap on this video starting at the oak tree I had a 2:31 lap. I know I had a couple better that this but I only recorded 1 session
VIR Ford Lightning May 27th 2012 part 2 - YouTube

2000 lightning. Mods are 3lb lower, 2lb upper, hot air intake, 90mm maf, magnaflow catback, tr6s, Vb, dyno tune, home ported blower, lowered don't know what springs(on it when I bought it), slapper bars, strange adjustable rear shocks.

black-plasma

Established Member
Looks like fun. I bought my L to tow my Cobra to open track events but I may have to try it out.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I wouldn't mind trying that in my L. You should get some brakes from TCE. They're a huge upgrade over the stock lumps.

Rick88LX

Established Member
Jhonda - were you there Friday or Saturday as well? My buddy from Ford Racing was there giving rides in the Boss 302S
450ecd0f-2d1b-ab58.jpg

jhonda

Established Member
Nope just sunday. I would have loved to take a ride in any of the cars they had there. That focus st was pretty bad ass lookin loved the interior. Do you know of any videos of the Ford lightning bolt on the track?

Users who are viewing this thread