Lightning CD Player

GA Terminator

Established Member
I just recently picked up a clean 04 Lightning. I checked out everything prior to the buy with the exception of the CD player. It is a stock 6 disk factory unit. Tried to load the first CD and it just runs and gives off a clicking sound and then displays a load error msg. Is it worth it to have it fixed or just get a new unit? I would like to stay with the stock factory unit, but don't want to pay out the ying yang for a new factory replacement unit.

Any sugesstions?? Thanks in advance.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I just recently picked up a clean 04 Lightning. I checked out everything prior to the buy with the exception of the CD player. It is a stock 6 disk factory unit. Tried to load the first CD and it just runs and gives off a clicking sound and then displays a load error msg. Is it worth it to have it fixed or just get a new unit? I would like to stay with the stock factory unit, but don't want to pay out the ying yang for a new factory replacement unit.

Any sugesstions?? Thanks in advance.

Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately for me, mine corrected itself after two days of not using it.

I have been told that home burned cd's are more likely to get caught inside for whatever reason. I had a burned cd in mine when mine was stuck and haven't had a problem since then.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately for me, mine corrected itself after two days of not using it.

I have been told that home burned cd's are more likely to get caught inside for whatever reason. I had a burned cd in mine when mine was stuck and haven't had a problem since then.

Actually the CD is stuck in the player. Can't load it or eject it. It's driving me nuts.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Actually the CD is stuck in the player. Can't load it or eject it. It's driving me nuts.

Precisely, this is what mine did. You can hear the eject mechanism cycle on/off but no cd ejects. Mine showed eject error message. I even tried swapping cd trays and still nothing happened. Good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread