Lightning FAQs.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Hey, Sid,

Just wanted to say thanks for updating those FAQs. I'm getting ready to do a fuel filter change on my L, had no idea how to do it, and that probably saved my butt.

Where do I pick up the fuel disconnect tool? Any auto parts store, and is it a specific type? F150, Ford Truck...etc. Never looked for it, don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks again! Great info...

Thomas

soniclightning

Established Member
got it at local auto part store. didnt know what size to get at first so i got the ford specific one with like four different sizes on one tool. well that didnt work. get the 5/16

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think it's a non specific kit that can be bought from any auto parts store. It usually comes with some AC tools also. And I'm trying to get some pics to go with the new updates.

I hope you guys find the tech section usefull. And if anyone has any new tech please send it to me.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Pictures would be great. Thanks for the info on the tool, I really appreciate it.

I plan on installing a grille sometime in the next month, will post a write-up if anyone is interested, with pictures. Installing a Zex kit, traction bars, phelonic spacer, 4lb pulley...

Can do write-ups for all of that if anyone wants, with pictures. I'm a novice at mechanical stuff, so it might take me a while to do it, and I'll probably be asking for help off and on from the forum... But it'll get done right.

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
The fuel line disconnect tool you want is the multi-piece one, NOT the scissors-like one. AutoZone (PepBoyz, etc.) carry them for $5-15 or so.

It has multi-colored plastic rings that slip over the fitting to loosen it up.

Users who are viewing this thread