Lightning Help in Cleveland

onefst87

Established Member
Can I please get someone to go to the Cleveland Pick-a-Part and show them how to peel the bed cover off a Lightning frame. I need another vinyl bed cover for my 2001 and actually found one at the Cleveland Pick-a-Part on ebay. I noticed that they had a $200 freight charge on it so I called them. The guy told me that the cover was vinyl but it was one piece. I looked at the pictures hard and told him that he was incorrect. The cover actually peels off the frame. It still has the tabs on it so that when you roll it up you can secure it by the cab. Besides why would anyone have a vinyl cover and make it one piece. I need someone that knows what they are doing to go there and show him how to peel it off, so I can get the cover without paying $200 in freight. Please let me know if you can help and I will tell you who to talk to.

Thanks,
onefst87

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Maybe if you posted in the Lightning forum you'd get better responses :idea::wf:

onefst87

Established Member
Wouldn't it be easier to simply take a couple pictures of the removal process and send it to them?

If I had my Lightning at my house I would. It is still at the paint shop. I was hoping there might be someone local that would not mind going up there and shhowing this guy how to peel it off.

svtnotch

Established Member
you found it and guess what? i work there lol its not one piece it rolls back. its got a plastic tab slides under the rail the whole way down. and in the one corner the stitching was coming undone which is why i did not want it for my truck.

svtnotch

Established Member
also if you would like tell the salesman to have brandon to come down and show them how to do it lol and who was this salesman id like to bust there balls

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread