Lightning killed

sjw985

Established Member
www thecarconnection.com

also see posts in the Lightning forums.

A sad day. Maybe they'll put some more resources into the '07 Cobra... or maybe the Cobra is at risk as well?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I think everyone was prepared for this when very little consideration was given to having this year's L in the new body style. Honestly...it really sounds like there is an issue with the L in the new body style. There must be some real problems there. I also know that SVT has been stretched lately. The new GT took some tremendous resources. Even Steve Saleen and Cactus Jack have spent considerable resources on it for Ford. I've heard they are now taking their time engineering the new Cobra. I'm guessin in a time of rising fuel prices, uncertain political climate, lowered profits, SVT just doesn't have the resources it once had.

It's a shame not to do something with a truck. Ford led the way with this market and opened it up for everyone with it's success. There is no way Dodge would have built their truck without the success of the Lightning. We can only hope that readers, owners, and enthusiasts alike all make a loud and profound statement to Ford to put these trucks back in production.

Users who are viewing this thread