Lightning Night

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
Well me and my buddy went out for a cruise tonight. We were out about 2 hours and hadn't found anything wroth to race. Everything we did see was always on the other side of the road. We saw a ton of mustangs and camaros and GTOs always on the other side. Well we saw a nice looking camaro and decided pulling a U turn was inline. So we pull the U and takes us about 3 miles to catch up due to traffic. We catch up and we're on open road outside of town still 4 lane. Doing about 80 catch up and camaro doesnt slow down. My buddy looks over and notices its a chick. So I was planning on turning around and then she takes off! I had slowed to about 70 and she was going probably 75 as she passed me and so I hit it and about 95 I catch and blow by up to about 110. She took her road and left without a word. It looked to be about a 99 or 00 not sure though.

Now to the Vette. It was a bright yellow 03 LS3. Followed him for about 4 miles weaving through traffic and finally took a left and got out in front and it was just us. From about 40 he took the hit. He never honked but he took off I hit a little after him and he got out way ahead. He slowed and I got up to him and we tried again. We hit at the same time from 40 and I had him even through 1st and half of 2nd then he just started walking away. Got up to about 85 in a 40. We followed him into a Price Cutter's parking lot and got out and talked to the guy. He was a cool guy and he got out and complimented me on the truck and he was saying that he didnt think he could take me and said that he was worried. He said he had exhaust, K&N CAI, and it had been programmed. It wasnt the first vette Ive ran but this one was sick.

First real run Ive had in a long time. Stock 00 Lightning need to get some pulleys and other goodys. College is kinda limiting the upgrades.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
nice runs . always need more mods . mine gets off road soon then gets ripped apart . headers blower upgrade c=l etc . then retune for spring . next year ????? who knows what ill want next . power is addicting . once you have some need MORE!!!!!

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
I hung with one from about 80 to 120 but the dude needed some serious driver mod... he was in 6th already before he even got to 100. I had him until we came to a pretty big turn so i had to let out.

Im hoping to get some pulleys and a tune by end of winter so we'll see

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
they came with it when I bought it...Im not a big fan of them at all.. I would really enjoy some stock 2000s but I cant ever find any.. And they are 22s so it doesnt help with the power at all...

BoostGhost

Established Member
they came with it when I bought it...Im not a big fan of them at all.. I would really enjoy some stock 2000s but I cant ever find any.. And they are 22s so it doesnt help with the power at all...

There is a for sale post for a set in the market section right now but I'm not sure of the status, just to let you know.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I raced a older vette with an ls1a month ago. It pulled me on a roll. A dig would be my only chance but if it would have DR's i think it would be game over. And im pullied too. It was cool though. It's very nice to meet up with a vette and the owner is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread