Lightning Roller Whats it worth

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
What do you guys think i could get for my truck as a roller? Black 89xxx miles with a blown engine. have stock shortblock to go with the truck. I have really lost interest in the truck lately. i want to just put the stock shortblock in my truck and have it to drive but i know they way i drive the truck it will just blow up again. i don't have the money to go built now or i wouldn't sell it. Im thinking of selling it and parting out the mods i have and use that money as a down payment on a terminator. If anyone is interested let me know.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
What how long did the motor last and what mods did you have? You make it sound like the motor if replaced would only last you a couple months or so?

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
What how long did the motor last and what mods did you have? You make it sound like the motor if replaced would only last you a couple months or so?

i have a stock shortblock in my garage. im most likely just going to keep it i wanted to see what people thought it was worth.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Its worth more to you than to me or someone else. It might be alot of hassle to throw that short block in there, but when its in you got a truck thats worth $8k or so more... You know what im saying

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
89k Travis.

Matt,

Put that damn motor in a drive that thing. I'd hate to think that I drove up to NYC for no reason.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is the short block brand new or used? What else do you already have to do the install with (head bolts, gaskets, etc.)?

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
Is the short block brand new or used? What else do you already have to do the install with (head bolts, gaskets, etc.)?

Its Eric's used shortblock out of his truck. I gave my friend the list of gaskets i need just got to give him money to buy them through ford at 10% over cost. And then i need to get head bolts.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Its Eric's used shortblock out of his truck. I gave my friend the list of gaskets i need just got to give him money to buy them through ford at 10% over cost. And then i need to get head bolts.

How many miles are on it? Do you know if your heads are ok? Honestly, if you're going to do it you should do it right. Have the block and crank machined, and replace the bearings. I'd use ARP studs throughout too (but that is not necessary).

Users who are viewing this thread