Lightning Subwoofer Box

mysvtf150

00 Lightning
Established Member
any ideas on what i can build for a sub box for behind the seats on my lightning....i got a single 10" in a box now but it looks a lil cheap to me i kinda build something that looks a little better....somethin with a nice amp rack and all......any specs on a box or pics would be great.....thanks??

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
i have a single 10" sub with amp and i used MDF to build the box and its fully speced out for the sub and its ported.. seats have alot of movement still... ill send specs and pix

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I built my own box just recently for a 12 inch speaker and amp...

This a sealed box with the parameters of a Kicker CompVr series 12 inch speaker

3/4 inch pressed particle board
Lenght 29 inches x 13.75 inches
Width at base 9.75
Width at top 5 inches
You'r gonna need a divider wall in the center of this box. Ensure that you cut that divider wall with big holes so the box can still have the extra space for air.

PA040624.jpg

PA040630.jpg

PA040631.jpg

mysvtf150

00 Lightning
Established Member
i like that box with the kicker sub and the amp rack looks real nice.....i think im gunna go get some supplies and build one like it thanks.....when you say divider wall you mean like a wall in the box for the air space of the sub cuz you dont want to much air for the sub??

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Actually you will need the space... You'll need to cut a oval circle in the divider wall for extra space. The divider wall is to make the make the box more structurallly stable.

1bad03snake