Lightning Vs. 03-04 Cobra Vert

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
So I was coming back up to school this morning from a weekend at home just driving about 70 and watching some tv. I never get anything to run so I wasnt really paying attention to it. All of a sudden I see a mustang in the rearview didnt think much at first, a ton of V6s around here, but then I noticed a nice little snake in the front grille instead of a stang... Mute the tv and get ready for some fun! :banana:

He gets up next to me and its a dark green 03-04 vert with a tan top dark windows and nice set of wheels. Traffic wasnt to bad but I slow down for traffic in my lane and get behind him and we go through traffic about 75 and get to an opening and no traffic at all, he gets over and I get next to him and we are going about the same and hear him downshift and we both take off about the same time with me a little ahead and from about 55-110 I had him by about .5 car and then from 110-120 he got out and took me by .5 car. So we both slow and get back down to around 65 (more traffic) get around them again and slow to about 55 again and even I hear him downshift again so I start honking it off and we go the same time this time and he ends up walking about 1.5 by 120 again. I caught up to him and we both gave thumbs up and went on our way. :rockon:

Not to sure if he had the driver mod though. I figured I would have gotten walked a little worse than that. And I followed him about another 50 miles until he exited and he didn't seem to know exactly how to drive it but it sure was a dang nice car! First Cobra I've ran into and it sure was fun!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
You watch TV while drivine at 70mph in traffic?

ne ways, some good races, custom paint is always an option, but it is possible you ahve your years off, what are your mods? You did very well if it was a 03-04.

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
here's some pictures, wish the guy woulda stoped somewhere so I could have looked at it, but he didnt. Pictures kinda suck taken with a camera phone.

10-28-08_0813.gif

10-28-08_0826.gif

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
Im not to up on the cobras. Its only the 2nd one Ive ever ever seen thats above a 96... but Im just stock. I have an hour and half drive and its boring without tv... it was pretty light taffic... Its movies Ive seen before and just kinda listen to them but know whats going on.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Im not to up on the cobras. Its only the 2nd one Ive ever ever seen thats above a 96... but Im just stock. I have an hour and half drive and its boring without tv... it was pretty light taffic... Its movies Ive seen before and just kinda listen to them but know whats going on.

Dude, thats so messed up I can't even comment without being a total dick.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
here's some pictures, wish the guy woulda stoped somewhere so I could have looked at it, but he didnt. Pictures kinda suck taken with a camera phone.

10-28-08_0813.gif

10-28-08_0826.gif

99 electric green Cobra, rated 320 hp, and before the "fix" about 260.. (for some of them) you can tell it's not a Terminator because of the indented rear bumper, the 03/04 Cobra have a smooth bumper.. also the 99 Cobra says "MUSTANG" across the bumper, the 01 Cobra says "COBRA" same with the 96-98 Cobra and the 03/04 Cobra..

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
I was gona say it said mustang and not cobra on the rear bumper... Should I have taken him if he was stock? Im pretty sure he had exhaust but not sure about anything else...

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Yeah you should have taken him and you should turn off your damned TV when driving.
x2 becareful out there bro. Don't rearend the minivan full of little kids infront of you because your into spaceballs or something.:dw:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread