Lightning Vs Built Mustang (long read)

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
Went out criusing last night with a friend. Went driving around and after about 30 mins of no action we decided to just go park next to a Phillips 66 and see what comes by. Well in the 1st 10 mins we are there a NICE GTO pulls into the 66 and ends up the guy works there so no runs. But it was a sweet GTO (my friend loves them).

Right after we see the GTO a mustang starts up after getting gas and is LOUD! So we're thinking we are gona get a run in and dude drives right past us and so we take off and follow him get to a stop light and ask the guy what he's got done and he said it was a built motor and tranny. That's all the red light we had. He said Id beat him but I wasnt sure ended up getting to a straight away and we both nail it and I litterally from about 15-60 wax the guy by busses. I slow down and he says he's taching at 4grand and he takes off in front of us and he is sputtering horrible! Looked to be a 98ish GT

We head back to the 66 and a STi and a firebird both pull in and get gas. We are trying to decide which to run and the STi is stock and the Firebird sounds sick! so we decide the firebird would be the most fun so as they are leaving the STi cuts off the Firebird and I have the go ahead and we end up going the same way and he gets over and get to a redlight his idle is shaking the L and its crazy loud! Im revving at the dude and he revs back and when it turns green I go and cut lose a little but gain and he doesnt do anything. So Im :shrug: and slow down and he goes by and his license plate says "SVT THS" So I get a little :fm: and then I notice a WS6 badge, No exhaust tips, and ET Streets out back So figure Im gona get smoked. I try my hardest to get him to run but he never does! Follow for about 2 miles and never anything with tons of road to run but never anything from him. If your gona have that license plate you should atleast prove it! Even though I knew Id get waxed!

All in all it was a fun night not a lot of action but some fun anyways. We need to bring the camera next time we go out cruising.
Sorry for the long read

Last edited:

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
My L was louder than the GT but when this thing was next to me it shook everything! The windows were shaking and the doors it was insane! I've only heard that from one place... the track.. lol never seen anything like that on the street

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Maybe it just wasn't worth it to him............................................

Bird

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
probably not...we both knew I was gona lose but I'd figure if he had a svt ths plate he'd atleast run an svt. If I had SS ths Id run an SS if one came up to me.

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
He never got on it at all... I think one time he just kinda tapped the gas and about had it sideways. one of the sickest street cars I've seen around my area.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good kill on the mustang. As for the firebird, some guys are funny about street racing.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
sounds like you're stocking cars at a gas station, buddy. be careful. a lot of people (like me) drive nice cars (see sig), and don't appreciate being followed out of a gas station by a car/truck that is parked at the station. go to a racetrack to race your truck. go to a car show to look at nice cars and talk with other 'car guys'. i like going to car shows and shooting the shit with car guys, but not when i'm leaving the gas station being followed. not trying to be too harsh, but think about it

Users who are viewing this thread