Lightning Vs Cls550

Spunkie202

Established Member
hey guys im going to race one soon...jsut wanted to know how ill do. I dynoed at 406/503. the cls550s have like 380hp and 390 trq at the crank so they like 360 if that. I know it is a lighter car but it is still big. How do you think I will do ?? dig, and 20 roll?
thanks

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
you should do good.... maybe. LOL. those german cars are under rated and pull very well throughout the whole rpm range.

Agentman

I Seent it
Established Member
I drove one of those a couple weeks ago, it was pretty quick. Ive never driven a Lightning though:( , should be a good race.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
It'd probably be an interesting race. I own an E500 and my Lightning so I've felt the power of the Mercedes plenty of times. And this is only an E500. It has pretty darn good acceleration and nice mid-range torque. If I had to guess I'd say its probably good for mid-high 13's at best, but the low-end is pretty awesome. IIRC, I think the 0-60 times are in the sub-6 second area. Your CLS550 has more power so it might make the low 13's and maybe even high 12's. I think these cars are very underated HP wise. You obvioulsy have more brute power but its pushing a brick. Like I said... it could be an interesting race but you should be the winner 'cause it isn't that difficult to tweak a L into the 12's.

Users who are viewing this thread