Lightning VS SRT-10...

Grombil.com

Established Member
I just wanted to tell you guys a story when i was asked to run 201m against a Dodge Ram SRT-10. I was arranging a carshow for the first time... One of the guys that came was the only SRT-10 in the erea. This is a guy that dont like me bacause im trying to help someone with a racingtrack nearby... But thats a different storry...

Well there was a Street Legal meet next weekend and he wanted me to attend and race him there... I said that ill think about it. I was driving on 23" rims and diddent think they where good for racing so i decided not to rac this sunday. But in the morning that sunday morning i got a phonecall from the guy thats working for getting this track realised. He had talked to the dodge owner and he said that he was shure i diddent dear to show... So there i was on the track racing a SRT-10 with my new truck on 23" rims... We did race 4 times and i won every time.... But then its the times that decide whos got the fastest run. I told him mine at 9.4sec (Whitch i dont think is any good. I did spinn a lot in the start.). Ofcorse he diddent wont to show me hes slips but said he had run around 9.3sec... THen suddenly hes friend said "No, i just checked and your best is 9.7sec..." THey went home after that?

I did race until i was outrun by a tuff lady with a Camaro early 70. I had a lot of fun that dag and im gone go back to the track when i get the chance again.

But the best was to outrun this "stupid" man with the SRT-10 :rockon:
Anyone else hawe a SRT-10 story pleace shear :-D (Hope you understand my bad english.)

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
I raced one from a roll when I was bone stock. Got him by half a truck from about 30 to 80 plus MPH. SRT-10s are nice trucks but I would get a used Viper or 911 turbo instead.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good job man, even on 23's.. imagine if you were running on 18's?

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
:rockon:
Thats a cool story !

Just some small modifications and the Lightning stay 1st to be the fastest truck of the world! :beer:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I have raced a couple around the dallas area, at the track when I was bone stock I would eat them all the time, the only time I didnt was on the highway, I was stock at the time and ran it all the way to 140+, I had him until about 120, then he started catching and pulling away from me, they are definately made for higher MPH than we are, I raced a single cab every time

If you have never driven one I do suggest it, the interior is nice and alot more roomy, they feel way stronger than the L does on the seat of your pants dyno, I'm actually looking at getting a Quad Cab SRT-10 as a tow truck for the L and boat

Andre said:
:rockon:
Thats a cool story !

Just some small modifications and the Lightning stay 1st to be the fastest truck of the world! :beer:

although I do agree with you, magazines and other peeps will never look at the L's as the "fastest" anymore because in stock form they were not made to handle the high MPH, they are torque monsters and can't be touched by many other cars/trucks from stop light to stop light, so Dodge marketed their trucks to say we can run up to 150+ in a truck, does this mean anyhing in the 1/8th or 1/4, no, but when people who really dont have the knowledge like we do the top MPH is all they really care about

Last edited:

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
SlammedSVT said:
I want to see some pic of those 23 on a L.

Here's one:

Trude-280.jpg

Grombil.com

Established Member
There you go :lol:

I just put on the 18" wheels. I havent driven the L with these wheels before, and i have to say they are way better to drive with then the 23". But the dont look that "bling bling" :dw:

I drove it yesterday down to the local store to get some food. They have a parkinglot under the building... I just culdent let that opertunety with dry asphalt pass me by so i ripped it just a littel... It made some smoke and when we came up in the store i asked the lady what the smell was... She said it smelled like burnt rubber... :rockon: (Sorry... i just culdent help my self... im like i child it this car :)

Grombil.com

Established Member
And yes i love the SRT-10 as well... They are a lot bigger and more "truck"? The guys where i dynod my car are wery interested in american cars. One of the guys there owns a black L and a black SRT with a compressor. He liked the L the most... Even thoug the SRT has more power.

The guy that owns the garage where we dyno owns two viper srt-10 2005 modells, three c5 Corvettes, some hot rods and other classic american cars as the 68 camaro and so on... Maby i shuld post some pictures from hes garage :)

The thing thats makes the L faster in real life it the gearboks. We have automatic and they manual... The diference is 0.3sec... you must be wery skilled with the shifter to get 4.9sec on that truck.

Grombil.com

Established Member
Flash2211 said:
Man I like them front 'scoops', who sells them?

The "scoops" are i compleat hood... If thats hat you meen? If you mean the "splitters" theyr from sweden :). Belongs to a Volvo :pepper:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I totally agree with you, however the uad Cabs come in auto, so hopefully when I get one I'll be able to launch alot better than the guys with the single cab and manual tranny, when I was originally in the market and test drove a single cab SRT-10 that was one of my only complaints, launching with that big shifter, once it got going it was not a big deal, but didnt want to have to keep replacing the clutch to get that much power going, plus manual trannies are for the street, and autos are for the track which is why I went with another Lightning, good kill

Grombil.com said:
And yes i love the SRT-10 as well... They are a lot bigger and more "truck"? The guys where i dynod my car are wery interested in american cars. One of the guys there owns a black L and a black SRT with a compressor. He liked the L the most... Even thoug the SRT has more power.

The guy that owns the garage where we dyno owns two viper srt-10 2005 modells, three c5 Corvettes, some hot rods and other classic american cars as the 68 camaro and so on... Maby i shuld post some pictures from hes garage :)

The thing thats makes the L faster in real life it the gearboks. We have automatic and they manual... The diference is 0.3sec... you must be wery skilled with the shifter to get 4.9sec on that truck.

Users who are viewing this thread