lightning vs srt-4 (bench race)

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
lets bench race them

lightning- 6lb lower intake sbtb t-stat plugs and tune runs a best time of 12.56

srt-4- stage 3 from mopar with after market BOV times unknown

who wins?

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
SRT-4 is going to walk you hard. If the stage 3 is on the pump tune he should trap roughly 113-114mph with no other supporting mods.

On the race gas tune (flip of a switch) he should trap 116-118mph with no other supporting mods.

Go from a dig, because if he is on street tires he will be spinning for a long time. A roll you don't stand a chance.

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
i only race from digs

and the car is on street tires

not going to race this one, thats why it says bench race its too cold and i have no extender

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
well from a dig i think you should take the srt4 you should be trapping decent and your auto and u have all the down low instant blower torque / power so run him from a dig 0-100-115ish whatever ur trap is and then hit the brakes and you should beat him bad, because from a roll im sure he traps higher and he will pull you.

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
I hope this isn't the black srt-4 or the orange one running around here cuz if so your scerwed

the burnt orange (nick) is a great friend of mine

and dennis only races from rolls

and as i said i wont be running it unless the weather is above 60* im not gonna risk going lean and popping the motor

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
SRT-4 is going to walk you hard. If the stage 3 is on the pump tune he should trap roughly 113-114mph with no other supporting mods.

On the race gas tune (flip of a switch) he should trap 116-118mph with no other supporting mods.

Go from a dig, because if he is on street tires he will be spinning for a long time. A roll you don't stand a chance.

the car doe not have toys installed, i dont believe it can flip a switch to it

Felix

Established Member
The thing about SRT4s is that they're only fast in the right hands. A goof friend of mine is a big tuner for them and back in the day he outran a stage 3 with his stock turboed Neon.

I say try to get a dig race. That's where you stand your best chance. Your average stage 3, like said above, will trap upper 1teens. I knew a guy with one that just had mopar stuff (not the best for power) trapping 92-94 in the 1/8th routinely on unleaded 100octane.

Users who are viewing this thread