Lights always on. Help diagnosing?

edrosner@gmail.

Established Member
So I have an SVT that has sat for about a year and a half. Fuel pump died in that time, it got replaced. Did some diagnosing with the relay and fuses but everything got put back like before. Runs fine like before buuuuut... Whenever the car is started the lights are always on. They get just barely brighter when switched to the on position.

Fog lights stay off unless the switch is pulled out like normal. Brights work as normal. Running lights only turn on when turned to the half position like normal.

Any ideas?

MG0h3

Established Member
Id have to agree with the short. If it was the switch, the car wouldnt need to be running.

Somehow the lights are getting only key on power.

Id try and disconnect the headlight switch and see what happens. That should tell you if its upstream or downstream of the switch.

edrosner@gmail.

Established Member
Just did some diagnosing. Not the relay fuses. Tested with known good ones from our other SVT and it still did it.

No rodents chewing on it. We thought maybe it might have been done when diagnosing the fuel pump failure but no dice. All the wires look great. Will definitely try disconnecting the switch next.

Also have been diagnosing the typical coolant leak from the housing. Not sure exactly where it is leaking. It's dripping off of the bottom plug. And also the steering rack leak. A little different from everyone else and not sure where exactly it is coming from though because the high pressure lines show no leaks. It's dripping down off of the bottom plastic plug and pooling on/in the rear motor mount. OEM mounts from you guys at Tousley. I might be coming to you Steve for a few parts if you're still at Tousley or whoever bought it. It has one of your power steering pumps on it also.

Last edited:

Steve@Tasca

Just did some diagnosing. Not the relay fuses. Tested with known good ones from our other SVT and it still did it.

No rodents chewing on it. We thought maybe it might have been done when diagnosing the fuel pump failure but no dice. All the wires look great. Will definitely try disconnecting the switch next.

Also have been diagnosing the typical coolant leak from the housing. Not sure exactly where it is leaking. It's dripping off of the bottom plug. And also the steering rack leak. A little different from everyone else and not sure where exactly it is coming from though because the high pressure lines show no leaks. It's dripping down off of the bottom plastic plug and pooling on/in the rear motor mount. OEM mounts from you guys at Tousley. I might be coming to you Steve for a few parts if you're still at Tousley or whoever bought it. It has one of your power steering pumps on it also.

I'm not at Tousley anymore, I'm with Tasca now. I can still help with parts. :)

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread