Like 03, don't like seat

sapper

Established Member
The seats look good. My back fits good. My butt fits good. Problem is the damn thigh bolster!:gt:
I like to sit with the knees spread apart some. You know, give your stuff some room.
I get the idea that the seat was designed to make women sit proper.
I don't have my 03 yet, but I did sit in one today. The bolster would only move about half an inch at its top edge, which means their is very little adjustment next to your thighs.
I am really hoping that the seat in this car was not working correctly, but the the salesmen says that is all the movement the bolsters have.
Its bad enough, that I am thinking about what other seat to replace it with.
Anyone else not happy with the seat design?

SonicMike

Established Member
Same here. To be more specific, the left thigh bolster is my complaint.

Black Cobra

Established Member
It was working correctly.

The thigh bolsters may flatten down some over time. They are pretty tight right now. If they made the seat wider it might not be able to hold the skinny people in place. Hmm, They should have made it wider and provided a special seat cushion/insert for the skinny people. Ya, that's the ticket.

Edit: "If the left bolster is the major complaint, you can put your left foot on the "left foot rest pedal" or whatever it's called and that will lift your left leg some taking some of the pressure off."

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
c'mon guys....if you have felt the other seats that come in mustangs the 03 cobra seats are gifts from heaven. I hope to order my cobra in a week or two and I sat in one a couple days ago and it was great. I am very thin though, so that might have helped. But like someone just said, put your left foot on the "dead pedal" and that should be more comfortable. I guess I like the seats so much because I am coming from a 98 GT and any turn you take moderately hard you have to practically hold on to everything in the car so you don't fall out of the seat. The lat support in my car is terrible. With the cobra I felt very secure in the seat. Besides, I would never want SVT to compromise comfort for speed

Users who are viewing this thread