Limit for 01 Cobra Cams?

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Yeah there is no realistic HP limit. Unless you're talking about making 2500 hp and snapping the cam in half :D

The limit is in the powerband .

clbailey

Established Member
This isn't you dads old push rod v8. You can't really make them sound close to one. Though cams do change the sound profile, nothing like a thunder stick in a ls1.

wikiweak

Established Member
It's not only the sound, its the idle flux and I just like it to be smooth. Dumb I know, but oh well. Not to mention I have more than enough into the engine for what I'm shooting for. 900-850 rwhp at 6500+ elevation. And I'm running out of fun money

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Making that kind of power will be way easier with aftermarket cams. I'm assuming your using some form of forced induction to get that kind of power? The chop comes from the overlap in the cams. You can have cams ground with more duration and lift than the stockers and still have a good idle. They just need a wider lobe separation angle like 116-118. What are you using for a power adder? Stock cubes? What intake, exhaust?

fangs99

Established Member
I have a small cam in my turbo setup.... Idles smooth but helps make power on less boost..... 630 rwhp on 13psi and 15 degrees of timing
Cams are 425 lift and 215 duration
Stock are 360 lift and 200 duration.

tistan

Established Member
If you want stock like smooth, more power, and low cost, get some ford GT cams.

Users who are viewing this thread