Limp mode (no lights or cels)

Twisted1

Established Member
It was a mistake to not get the tuner from the previous owner. Stock tune of the vehicle is probably saved in it. And if you need to reinstall the tune for any reason you're screwed.

It sounds like the battery is toast, get a new one they're not expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Unfortunately I bought it used from a dealership the previous owner didn't leave it with the car. The tune is definitely not the stock tune. When I had it dyno'd at vmp they said the current tune was more aggressive then they would like to see. They actually told me when I track the car to run an octane booster. That was 4 years ago lol

bg302

Established Member
In my past experience with my 12 GT going into limp mode and no CEL's, it ended up being an issue with the throttle body, the TPS was going bad. Replaced the TPS and all was good.

Twisted1

Established Member
In my past experience with my 12 GT going into limp mode and no CEL's, it ended up being an issue with the throttle body, the TPS was going bad. Replaced the TPS and all was good.
do you know what the voltage should be? I will check that tonight and see.

Twisted1

Established Member
Tps replaced no change battery replaced no change. However the driver side tailpipe sounds completely different then the passenger side. Gonna get it on a lift soon and check the cats

Twisted1

Established Member
So took it in and along with a bad cat on the right bank, I got all these codes.
20210824_180928.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread