Lincoln engine swap

98 Blue

Established Member
Found a cheap low mileage 97 Lincoln with 32V. What is the difference? I bought my car with the engine apart and this looks like a chap easy swap to get the car running until I finish the motor.

mattscobra

Established Member
I thought it was intake and Tb. 6 bolt crank ? And don’t remember correctly but wasn’t later yr 97 Lincoln c head?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

96GT226410

Established Member
The complete intake manifold, intake cams, cast iron 6 bolt crank, no oil cooler, exhaust manifolds, and the alternator won't work with the Cobra intake manifold. The knock sensors on the older Mark VIII engines were also different, but I'm not sure on the 97's and 98's.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Im putting one in my cobra.. Its outs of a 98 lsc. It's getting forged rotating assembly and eventually some sort of FI. If you already have the cobra engine apart just swap the parts over.

Last edited:

98 Blue

Established Member
Im putting one in my cobra.. Its outs of a 98 lsc. It's getting forged rotating assembly and eventually some sort of FI. If you already have the cobra engine apart just swap the parts over.
I'm still going to hot rod the original motor. This was just to get the car running for some fun/shows in the meantime. Only other cruiser type car we have is the wife's 04 Tbird.

Users who are viewing this thread