Lincorn Mark8

KStromberg

AccelerVIII
Established Member
Hey guys! I'm trying to piece together my fuel system to switch my Lincoln to E85 this spring. The car has a Vortech S-trim pushing 8 psi on a 3.48 pulley making low 400s to the wheels right now with a Snow Performance meth injection kit. The engine is still on stock tinker toy internals. I'm stuck on the fuel pump part of it and need direction.

The car currently has a 255lph Focus greentop in it. I purchased a 465lph walbro E85 turbine pump for it but came to find out through the grapevine that at least the pump hat assembly will not allow a 465 to fit in the tank if not the basket assembly as well. Can I run a boost-a-pump on the 255 and be good to go? Can I purchase a different basket and run twin 255s? Which way should I go? The car is probably not going to touch 500rwhp even on corn.

Another question, my buddy told me that I wouldn't even need to run the meth kit if I was on corn. What is your opinion there? The car DOES NOT have any front mount intercooler. Here is my fear there. The car has a 4-bank SCT chip which I fully intend on running a pump gas tune on as well for backup in case E85 is not readily available for whatever reason. That is when I think the meth is going to need to be there.

Also, one more question. I was dead set on getting Siemens Deka 80s for injectors until I talked with my buddy. He ran some online calculator and told me that I only need 60# injectors. What is your opinion there? 60s are good to go?

Thanks for any input!

Kirk

Last edited:

CalBoy101

Established Member
The Ford/Siemens Deka 80 lb injectors idle fine on 4.6 motors even on pump gas. I put a set on my stock block 2v motor with a 2.1 KB.

That was way more injector than I needed but I knew I was going to a 5.3 built motor soon.

I thought I might have idle problems but it idles fine and with E85 I think its a better injector for you.

Make sure to get the current Ford Siemen Deka ones, apparently the previous versions of the Ford 80'd weren't so hot.

Also buy them from a reputable dealer, there are some chinese counterfeit injectors out there that are junk.

On fuel pump, if you are running returnless the 465 pump wouldn't work anyway.

The page below is a good comparison of various fuel pumps.

http://www.foreinnovations.com/category_s/388.htm

I'd look at the F90000265 as its a strong pump that will run returnless but it may also have fit problems in your stock basket.

Users who are viewing this thread