Line-loc facts...

SNKBITE

Established Member
What I need are some facts from anyone here who has installed a line-loc on an '03 Cobra. Not a 99 or a 00, but an "03..
What kit did you use, what extra fittings and lines did you buy, and most importantly, where exactly did you install the selonoid in the front brake line? Pictures would be helpful, but only if they are on a 2003.
Thank you in advance for any help you can supply..

snakeyes

Established Member
The new SLP kit looks pretty good. I saw it in the new 5.0 or MMandFF. Pretty sure it has all you need for the install. Just my 2 cents.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by snakeyes
The new SLP kit looks pretty good. I saw it in the new 5.0 or MMandFF. Pretty sure it has all you need for the install. Just my 2 cents.

I concur. That new SLP unit for $129.00 looks to be the hot ticket. Comes with everything you need too! Mounts on the shock tower under the master cylinder. I'm ordering one myself soon.

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?PARTNUMBER=M25000

Installation guide: http://www.slponline.com/inst/M25000.pdf

U.M.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I will take some pics of mine and post them for ya in a bit.

Jay

AMB

Established Member
LINE LOCK

I beleve the SLP line lock kit is for a regular Mustang NOT for a 03/04 COBRA .

AMB

AMB

Established Member
LINE LOCK

I beleve the SLP line lock kit is for a regular Mustang NOT for a 03/04 COBRA.

AMB

SNKBITE

Established Member
The SLP M25000 is listed as fitting the 03/04 Cobras and has specific installation instructions for this vehicle.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Re: LINE LOCK

Originally posted by AMB

AMB

I posted the instructions and it specifically outlines the install on a DOHC Cobra!

U.M.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Re: LINE LOCK

Originally posted by AMB

AMB

I called and ordered from the shop, and was told that it WILL work for 03-04 cobra's. They are kinda slow tho, ordered mine well over a week ago and its still not here.

jason

SNKBITE

Established Member
I just got off the phone with SLP and they claim the have NONE in
stock and that they have a whole $hit load on back order. I may go with the Hurst # HUR-1745000 as Summit is only 11 miles from my house.

acatalon

Established Member
I did one on my brothers car "slp" and the toughest part is removing the brake resevoir and attaching the new line from the solinoid to the resevoir of the master cylender.. We kinda guessed the spot to drill to mount the solinoid from inside of the driverside fenderwell and we got lucky and hit it in the right spot...all lines were pre-bent all items needed are provided.

I really think they could have made the install alot easier by attaching to the anti-lock brake block which is totally accessible . you really have to be a contorsionist to tighten lines in the slp designated spot. If there is a leak or problem its really a pia to deal with. just my .02.

Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
It say SOHC, so I called to ask and the guy told me that the didn't make thenm for 03 Cobras yet :shrug:

Last edited:

Ratt Fink

Established Member
I used the Hurst kit, because I like the button that can be attached to the shifter handle. And, I installed it much the same as the Joe Lynch method, but I placed the solenoid valve under the ABS controller bracket. It is in line upstream of the ABS controller in the line that connects to the MC01 port.
You can get the Summit equivalent of the Hurst as part number SUM-76000 for about $89.95, get two 3/16"x20" brake lines #B320 Edelmann, and the adaptor fittings by Edelmann (see O'Reilly's Auto Parts, or ??) part number 271300 (2 ea, 3/16" female inverted flare to 10mm bubble flare male) and 276000 (1ea, 10mm female bubble flare union). Go ahead and get a simple 3/16" tubing bender as well. The tubing and fittings is cheaper than the adapter kits and installation kits offered by anyone that I have seen (that also have more than you really need in them).

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
NEWB question: Whats "line-loc" do?

Locks the front brakes(w/o rears) so one may do a controllable burnout and spare wear on the rear calipers. It also allows the engine work less since all power is going to the ground during the burnout and not wasted through the rear brakes. Same goes for tranny, driveshaft, rear end, half shafts. It's all around a good thing for your car if you plan on strong burnouts at the track frequently.

Ratt Fink

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
NEWB question: Whats "line-loc" do?

Line loc holds pressure on the front brakes so you can stand still while on a hill (yeah, right), or do burnouts with your back tires at the track, or scare some kids in them Chevy's at the stoplight when you light up the rear tires waiting on the green !!

Basically, you press your brake pedal firmly, push and hold the switch that energizes a solenoid valve to close it, and then, when you take your foot off of the brake pedal, the front brakes are still engaged with the pressure trapped by the solenoid valve. When you release the button, the solenoid valve opens and relieves the pressure off of the front brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread