Line lock switch issues

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
Hey guys long post

I just installed a Roush line lock in my 04 cobra while it was down getting some big brakes put on. I’m using a fog light switch out of a 94-98 mustang to control the on/off of the line lock. I preferred having something that looked factory and also got to get rid of the useless coin tray so it was a win win for me. The switch has a “On” indicator light and a illumination light for when the head lights/park lights would be turned on. The issue I’m having is I can’t get the On indicator and illumination light to work at the same time if the line lock is switched on, the on indicator will go off and only illumination will stay on or the valve won’t work and I’ll get both lights. I pulled out a factory harness for the fog light switch out of a 94 mustang as I wanted a plug and play connector for the switch. I’ll attach the diagrams I’m going by to make this next part more easy to follow. I currently have the power wire coming from from the stud on the fuse box that goes to one blade on the line lock and the other wire which would be the ground for the line lock going to the power wire on the fog light switch (Red/blk). The yellow wire originally goes to the fog lamp relay in a 94-98 car and then goes to ground so I just took it straight to ground. The black wire also goes to ground and the LB/R wire goes to illumination which I have spliced into my factory fog light switch illumination wire. I basically just wanted the switch to work like it would factory if it was controlling fog lights from a 94-98 but controlling my line lock. I’m thinking I’m just overlooking some simple but couldn’t find it doing a search. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 76A4166B-396E-40AE-A8AE-22E0041EDCFD.jpeg
    76A4166B-396E-40AE-A8AE-22E0041EDCFD.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 53

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
Anyone have any ideas on what I might be missing? I tried swapping some of the wires around but still can’t get both lights and the valve to work at the same time

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
Update, in case anyone finds this thread and has the same issue, I had to rewire the switch to control the power side of the line lock and not the ground side. So basically I took the Rd/blk wire to switched 12v and then the yellow wire to one connection on the line lock and the other connection to ground. The light blue wire still tied into my factory illumination wire and the black wire went to ground and everything works as it should in a factory setup.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you running a relay? If not can that switch handle the current load of the line lock solenoid?

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
I’m not running a relay. I’m not sure that the line lock is too much current for the switch to handle, haven’t got to test it on the road yet cause I found another brake leak and need to re bleed. So far everything works, anyway I could find out if it’s too much current for the switch to handle?

Users who are viewing this thread