Line lock wiring to Cruise "off" button

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm attempting to wire up my line lock to use the cruise off button and a relay to activate the line lock. Im using a test light to act as the line lock for now because i had to replace the old line lock. Here's a crude diagram i made up in paint.
Untitled-1.png

Everything works normal when the relay is not powered. When i power the relay i can hear it click and i get continuity between the test light/line lock wire coming from the relay and ground when the cruise off button is pressed. When i connect the test light to ground and press the off button the light doesn't come on. Also when the test light is grounded and the relay is powered the "on" cruise button sounds the horn. Im trying to figure out why the horn is activated by the "on" button only when the test light is grounded and relay powered and also why the test light isnt coming on when grounded and the off button is pressed. I tried to make it as painless to read as possible but ask any questions if you need to.
Thanks

Last edited:

CzchMex

Established Member
anyone have any insight on this? trying to get it done today

I do. But currently at work. I have to sit down and draw it out (I know relays inside out) but to sum it up you have it backwards.

The "off" button needs to activate the relay coils which is 85/86 and 30 is normally close on 87a and normally open on 87 when NOT energized. So rethink that wiring set up and I'll try and explain more when I get a chance. But might not be until tonight

96dreamer

Established Member
i got it figured out. i had everything right but didnt realize the off button completed a grounded circuit to the cruise control. When the line lock is wired to a powered source, for me the fuse box, and my relay is active the off button provides a complete circuit and the line lock should work.

Users who are viewing this thread