Line on bottom of boost bypass?

BIGBRAND0105

Established Member
In the process of switching from a gen 1 to a gen 2 and the line on the bottom of the boost bypass canister came disconnected from car having a hard time finding where to hook it back up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2001Cobrabuddy

Established Member
The line runs from the bottom nipple of the boost bypass valve to the cold air intake vacuum fitting protruding from the left hand side.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
There is no vacuum upstream of the throttle body. That barb is intended to vent to atmosphere, but is routed to the cold air tube to keep it in an enclosed environment. I have seen a few aftermarket tubes that don't have provision for it.

merkyworks

Established Member
There is no vacuum upstream of the throttle body.

Never thought about this but your right there isn't any vacuum on the cold air tube side. So would that technically mean the bypass valve really only needs the vacuum line that comes from the passenger side of the SC and you don't even need the line that runs to the cold air tube side?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Never thought about this but your right there isn't any vacuum on the cold air tube side. So would that technically mean the bypass valve really only needs the vacuum line that comes from the passenger side of the SC and you don't even need the line that runs to the cold air tube side?
Pretty much. Routing it to the tube would keep dirt and contaminates from being sucked in as it actuates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread