Linelock on an 03

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Asked the question on the Tec side, but I think more people look here. What kind of LL do you have, did you do 1 or 2 wheels, are you having problems doing donuts instead of sitting stright???????:??: :??:

i8u

Established Member
There is at least one person here using a line loc kit.....

I will try a search....

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
i heard you need 2 solenoids on an 03 cobra...true?

No, According Hursts directions, which Joe Lynch's website ( linked in Redaddiction's post) document very thouroughly, you only need to block one line, MC1 (runs between the abs valve/controller and the master cylinder.

I don't know why that works, although I know that it does, that is how mine is hooked up.

JT

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I have a thread posted on the TECH QUESTIONS forum concerning the Line Lock. Not getting alot of response.

Where are you guys mounting your buttons? I was thinking on the gear shifter. Any other suggestions?

Chillfactor, I have the Hurst Line Loc. I would'nt think that would contribute to the rear floating around. Mine would sometimes float when just using the brakes. Compensate by steering out of it.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You can do it either of two ways:

1. One line loc for the entire front end which is installed as shown in Joe's instructions
or

2. a line loc at each front wheel.

Both work equally well.

The difference is higher cost for option 2, but easier installation.

For option 2, the solenoids go near each front wheel, inside the fenderwell.

I used option 1. Bending the lines at the ABS controller can be difficult though.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread