Lingenfelter g8 vs 03 ported cobra, the results...

j81234

Established Member
Wow, that G8 moves out well. Always cool when a person posts a loss or a victory.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Put your window up when you race. You know how much more drag you're creating for yourself? Not that it would of mattered here of course.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Damn that was rape. The G8 looks good. Something tells me the cobra has uncorrected dyno numbers. Good try though. You'll need a ts just to run even according to the vid. Goes to show the dyno numbers don't mean mcuh.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
No he's just a rabid Ford fanboy. :rollseyes

Damn I expected the G8 to win but I didn't think it'd be nearly that bad. Get that new combo on there and try again!

The new block will hopefully get installed within the next two months. Will probably be closer to the end of the year before I am able to get the whipple though unless the car business picks way up. I may swap to a complete tubular front suspension as well before I do the whipple. Getting a little more power and shedding close to 200 lbs off the nose of my car should put me out infront of him.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The new block will hopefully get installed within the next two months. Will probably be closer to the end of the year before I am able to get the whipple though unless the car business picks way up. I may swap to a complete tubular front suspension as well before I do the whipple. Getting a little more power and shedding close to 200 lbs off the nose of my car should put me out infront of him.

As long as he doesn't upgrade too lol. Sounds like a sweet combo. I can't wait to get mine done too but it'll be awhile longer still.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Is there something wrong with your bottom end now? Seems kinda backwards to do a built stroker to have it topped with an eaton? Would it not be more cost effective to do the TS first, and then do the built motor when it needs it??

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Is there something wrong with your bottom end now? Seems kinda backwards to do a built stroker to have it topped with an eaton? Would it not be more cost effective to do the TS first, and then do the built motor when it needs it??

The built stroker is not costing me a penny. The only out of pocket money I will have to spend is for injectors and tune

Users who are viewing this thread