Liquid Assets and Expensive Car Purchase

Adower

Established Member
take the $250k in cash to NYC. buy a few "packages". return to your area. sell. double your profits in less than a month.
rinse
repeat.

by next year you'll be posting pics of your new pagani. :cool:

oh and keep your day job so it doesnt look suspicious.
Is that how true forged started :)

Machdup1

Established Member
If you can pay cash, pay cash. Debt is the devil and will destroy your ability to have options in life.

If you can't pay cash, do not incur debt for a toy.

If you haven't paid off your revolving credit card debit and other high interest debt, do that first, before buying a toy.

BTW, don't forget about insurance and maintenance costs. They will also nibble away at your financial stability.

CV355

_
Established Member
$250k? Wew lad. That's 250,000 times more than I've ever gotten. My family and I have a history of losing everything due to that bitch mother nature and theft. That's why I'm not much of a philanthropist... Not being resentful or envious towards OP or anything, just wondering if I was Hitler or Judas in a previous life or something haha. Ha. ... Anyways...

I financed my cars but put down at least 40%. That way I make sure I'm serious by saving up, or selling other liquid assets. For instance, right now I'm funding the final restoration on my Mach 1 by selling firearms I don't use/need. I bought those by selling music equipment I didn't need. I bought those by selling car parts and my '00 GT after that got sabotaged. I bought the '00 GT after selling tons of paintball equipment. Everything rolls over. A lot of people I've worked with were resentful, making comments that I "make the big bucks." Fact is, I just recycle money. I don't drink, smoke, gamble, vacation, etc. Every penny I make either goes towards necessities or something that'll increase or protect the value of what I already own. Paranoia due to loss I guess. I treat everything as liquid. All debt is installment and nothing is ever upside-down, I never put anything on a credit card. If I wanted to right now, I could liquidate everything and be completely debt free (including a mortgage). Better not say that too loud because mother nature is a horrid bitch that loves destroying what I own.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Spring is here, what did the OP purchase?
Who knows, but when I sell my house I'm taking 30-50K out for myself and buying a fun car for the weekends and furniture with the new Mrs.'s. They rest will be going towards the new house down payment or refi on her house.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Good things come to those who wait...

After looking for months I finally found a great deal on a clean, well built 2008 VR Z06 2LZ with 48k miles.

-Forged rods and pistons
-AHP Stage 4 heads
-BTR Stage 4 cam
-Tony Mamo ported MSD intake
-Ported throttle body
-Haltech Killer Bee CAI
-ARH 1-7/8"
-Walbro 450 pump
-FAST 65lb injectors
-Stock mufflers with mild to wild switch
-Mcleod RXT clutch with flywheel
-Tick remote bleeder

Car was built and tuned by JMS Racing in San Antonia. Made 590whp/516wtq on 93.

Flying out to Indiana on Saturday and driving it back to CT. Super excited.

4_db0c6a5da69bd9ef3ad82dd335474aa6d6a31c44.jpg

2_7a15ba6d7fd250c37bfbf23d1236de268b5bf841.jpg

The chop is strong

08mojo

Established Member
Awesome, congrats!

I know you're tired of hearing about valve issues, but trust me on this as I have first hand experience. Do yourself a favor: pull a valve cover to determine the rocker setup. If it's all stock you're good. If it has the Comp Cams trunion kit--it's junk. Remove the comp crap and replace with stock or go with a bushing setup. Also, be prepared to check guides every 10k miles.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Congrats man. If you've never owned a HCI C6Z before, you are in for a real treat. Enjoy the shit out of it

nxhappy

Established Member
Awesome, congrats!

I know you're tired of hearing about valve issues, but trust me on this as I have first hand experience. Do yourself a favor: pull a valve cover to determine the rocker setup. If it's all stock you're good. If it has the Comp Cams trunion kit--it's junk. Remove the comp crap and replace with stock or go with a bushing setup. Also, be prepared to check guides every 10k miles.

good ol chebby

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Good buy! Do the AHP's have moldstar guides? I would swap to AI heads but heck, drive and enjoy it. I have PRC 285's and they do the job. These cars are crazy fast.

Users who are viewing this thread