Liquid claybars...

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I saw an advertisement for Turtle Wax's new liquid claybar. Has anyone tried this stuff? Likes.. dislikes? I've never used a claybar, but I'm starting to think that my car needs to hit the reset button because there are numerous layers of wax on it.

Scott P

Established Member
There are numerous threads here about it. Personally, I think it is nothing more than a paint cleaner marketed to those who don't know what a clay bar really does. Just stick to the real stuff.

hartman

Established Member
I tried it on my buddies 350Z, and didnt feel like it was pulling much of anything off. Came back with the trusty ClayMagic and pulled off a good bit of stuff right after the liquid claybar in the same area. Not to say it doesnt work, but i think ScottPs right. I've had great success with Clay Magic and ive always found it at any AutoZone for 11 bucks. Easy to use and works great.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
Zaino has one just out called "Z-Aio". It works well on newer cars with light amount of contaminents. For a car that has not been clayed in a long time, IMO as with Other's suggestions, keep with the traditional claybars.

Have used the Z-Aio a few times on Angel's rear as any amount of driving results in the tire debris on the rear and it gets stuck in the wax.

Users who are viewing this thread