Liquid Wax application question.

Zeke0123

Established Member
I just waxed my car with Megs GC liquid wax...its says apply a "thin coat" I guess I might need some help figuring out what that is...when I was done the application sponge was saturated with wax I kept adding a Quarter or so every 10 "swishes" I wanted to be able to have a visual on the wax...seems like that might have been a bit much since it took 3 times over the car to get the stuff off.

Look pretty good but I get the feeling im doing it wrong :dw:.

evolve

Established Member
Nah, youre good. I do the same thing. I like to see the wax dry an d turn the white color, then buff it.

SVT2122

Established Member
Yeah your using way to much product if, 2 or 3 quarter sized amounts of wax should cover one panel of your car. The reason you're not really seeing it when your putting it on is that it needs to haze up before you take it off the car. Just take your time next and do one panel at a time, and wait for it to haze up so you can get a feel for it.

my .02

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Yeah, way too much. like said above, 1 or 2 quarter sized amounts should do a whole fender or a whole door.

If it's a sealant you use even less.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
It sounds like you've used to much. I put a dime sized drop and do a small section and continue until the panel is finished. It's much easier to buff off a thin coat then killing your arm buffing a thick hardened coat.

VincodeY

Established Member
it doesnt hurt anything...but it will make it harder to buff off and its a waste of product. I do understand about wanting to see it though.

Users who are viewing this thread