Little brother vs big. 04 Termi/'12 gt500

MikesCobra

Established Member
Ok so this morning I am minding my own business driving to my families house for sunday dinner. As I merge onto the 408 in orlando I choose my lane and get over, (I check my mirrors often as a good driver should) and what do I see in my rear view to my delight is an '11-'12 gt500 with the brand new bright blue and stripes. I get all the way over to the left lane and let off the gas immediately, at the same time I see the nose of his pick up, GAME ON, and switching to guns, way too close for missiles.:rockon::pop::beer:

The driver, appeared to be a younger guy, rocking the same chrome aviators as me, (looks like we got a dog fight on our hands) I think and we make eye contact, nod out of respect (two fabulous cobras meeting) and smirk instantly, with a wide open road in front of us and not a soul around, we both pretty much know there is no way either of us can drive away with out pounding the pavement.

I give him the thumbs up and yell over "3rd horn beep lets do it" he nods and its go time.

Horn blast drops:
I am in second gear at about 40, put my foot what felt like through the floor board at the same time he hit and we were leaping forward for a combined horsepower display of over 1000 hp. I spin second and get sideways, but I know theres no way I am ****ing letting off, I power through second and go to third, ( hes at my back bumper) hit third and whined her out, I hit 4th and check my mirror, he is a full car behind me, top of 4th check again hes about a full car to maybeeee a car and a 1/3.

We slow down and he looks disgusted, and possibly ready to drive his car into a tree???? I compliment his gorgeous cobra (being classy)after the ass raping I just gave his 50k dollar machine compared to my 20k dollar one lol, and ask if it was stock he said yes "for now" I told him I had a pulley, tune, bolt ons, and bald tires....(making 475 RWHP, and 490 FPT)

This proceeded to happen not once, not twice, but four times with the same identical results.... I can proudly say the 04 Termi, is still doing work.:beer::rockon:

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Same HP and 200 lbs lighter. You should take him by a car length. Not sure I would call that an ass kicking.

MikesCobra

Established Member
Same HP and 200 lbs lighter. You should take him by a car length. Not sure I would call that an ass kicking.

Not an ass kicking totally, but comparative.... I def call it an ass something... those cars are beasts... but I agree the weight is killing them.

ramstein

Established Member
Good race OP, I had a similar one back when I had my Cobra, Terminators are awesome cars.:beer:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Good kill but not a raping by any means, no shame in getting terminated to me. The idea that the shelby you ran is over weight is a myth. There's about a 150 lb difference in weight between these two cars from the factory. He must have not been in many races to be that bummed, I would have been happy just to get a few pulls in against you.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Good kill but not a raping by any means, no shame in getting terminated to me. The idea that the shelby you ran is over weight is a myth. There's about a 150 lb difference in weight between these two cars from the factory. He must have not been in many races to be that bummed, I would have been happy just to get a few pulls in against you.

very well said, agreee 100%!!

I wanna meet up with a termi in my 2013 5.0... i know i would get aten, but its still fun to pull against a fellow stanger ! :beer:

wallywagon

Established Member
Good of you to do Mike! Especially since most of us are modded. I can tell you that no matter how many cars I put on a Cobra I love them no less....any car that's reputation precedes it for that matter!

Users who are viewing this thread