Little problem with new TF Expansion Tank

Huff035

Established Member
It seems that i may have run into another problem. When the car gets up to operating temp, all my fluid blows out of expansion tank. It is blowing it out from under the fill cap. I know i didn't have air in the lines because I sucked the fluid out with a pump. I have only driven the car twice since I put the tank on and it has done it both times. When I put the tank in, i just put the fluid i pumped out back in and didn't add any. It was about a inch from the top. The second time I filled to just below the first ridge you can see in the tank. It still blew it out. I'm gonna look into it a little deeper later on. Just throwing it out there and seeing if anyone else has run into this yet.

I had this problem, then replaced my coolant tank cap with one from summit, reburped the system and it was resolved. :beer:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Its just odd how things go sometimes. I had no problem blowing the water out until I changed the tank out. I run it through some heat cycles today and it seems to be fine. I'm gonna drive it to work tonight just to make sure. I'm probably gonna pick up a new cap next week just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread