Little racing help please

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I am heading to the track tomorrow (first time this year and only 2nd in 3 years) I will be running my hurtin Nitto DR's. What tire pressure should i drop down to and should i mess with my shocks? I have heard to go full loose up front and stiff in the rear but should i maybe not go full stiff out back? Maybe only to 8 or 9 clicks instead of the full 12
BTW i have single adj QA-1's
Thanks for your help guys, ill make sure i check in here before i leave in the AM

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
With your power I wouldn't go any lower than 20 psi, 22 would be "safe" IMO. A few psi in pressure won't make much difference from my experience, it's suspension and setup that are the key.

Try the fronts on 2-3 to start, the rears on 4-6. You'll just have to see what the track and your combo will hold. Tighten up the fronts a little as well as the rears until your 60' don't improve or you spin too much. 9-10 is the highest I've heard of the rears being set to. As low as your L is and with the 4 link it'll be an interesting outing I'm sure. Good luck Mike!!

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
The Drag radials seem to work the best toward the end. Bob is right at 30 psi I was cutting better 60's then at 20 psi.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Not horrable but not what i was looking for either.
My 2 best runs were a 12.86 and a 12.89 both at 109mph
Now i did put my 3.25 upper on instead of running my 3.00 just to play it safe as it was only like 65 all day and my tune was done in 90* humid weather. I did lift a hair at the end of the track as she felt like she was breaking up a bit but was fine thru 1st 2nd and 3rd up to about 5000rpm.
My 60's blew the big one at a consistant 2.0. I have no idea why because the truck left the line pretty hard and it didnt feel like i had wheel spin but i also didnt have anyone at the line to tell me if they were spinning either........ but like i said it didnt feel like it.
So am i wicked excited.... nope, but i am not disappointed either as i was pretty close to last years run by a 10th and i have a wicked different setup on the truck.
11 second truck + a 13 second driver = 12 second run :rockon:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Haha yeah, its time for some slicks i guess........ just warm them and punch it and not have to worry about:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread