little run last night.... (STI w/GT30)

obZidian

Established Member
Nothing special... I was riding out and I saw this white STI in front get on it hard. The turbo was really loud (open WG) so I figured this might be a good run.

Anyways, he was in front and hit it. I was about two cars back.... anyway, 2nd @ 40mph is pretty low but I'm not going to race out of 1st as my tires are shit already and even in 2nd with TC on @ 3300rpms, the TC kicks in and the car gets a bit loose.

To the "race" :) I yank 2nd out and pull to his door. Slammed 3rd, TC kicked in again, recovered and at the top of 3rd, I was a good 2-3 cars infront... decided that was enough.

He pulled up and downshifted again. I was game!!! :)

So, I let me grab the hit again. Top of 2nd, 2 cars.... easily, top of 3rd, another 2 1/2 cars+!! It was pretty bad.. reminds me of when I raced my buddies stock +filters M5.

At this point I figured it was just a loud stock turbo but when he pulled up, he asked me my mods. I responded with "stock z06" (it is!!) and he looks at me like W/E! I asked him about his turbo and he stated that it's a GT30 making about 380awhp. We said our good runs and when on our ways.

Car moved pretty good though..... would give a stock GT500 a good run I figure.

Oh, as a side note, good friend of mine just added a intake/tune to his car.... (09 gt500) DAMN, what a difference!!!!!! Car yanks hard now for being an intake/tune only. 1st is not officially useless without a decent tire. (Steeda Intake+VMP SCT X3 Tune.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread