Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost F150 Tuner

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I swore I posted this before, but must have been "slacking". In the short time this has been available to the public, we're proud to say it's been a great selling product!

Everything we learned from previous EcoBoost platforms was used in the development of the truck tune. We purchased an EcoBoost F150 as soon as they were available and started working on it immediately. To date we have over 100 dyno pulls and a lot of street miles logging our own shop truck.

Peak gains with our 93 octane tune and no other mods were 69 RWHP and 88 RWTQ. Notice though up top, gains are much more. (I left the cursor on the graph so you can see the gains. Around 104 RWHP / 114 RWTQ).

ecoboostf150.jpg

The 87 Octane Dyno Graph cam be seen below:

ecoboostf15087.jpg

Some customers asked why it lost power down low, but the run was actually started later and it may have appeared to have lost power, but I can assure you, it did not. There is another 87 octane graph below to show this.

87octtruck2.jpg

The F150 device can be found on our site here

The device features:
  • Custom tuning via Livernois Motorsports (Device stores 2 files. Stock + 1 Custom Tune. Additional files available via web updater)
  • Multiple stages for increased horsepower & torque
  • Dyno proven air/fuel adjustments
  • Transmission modifications with reduced torque management and modified shift points/firmness
  • Enhanced throttle response
  • Available for multiple fuel octane levels
  • Tow specific tunes
  • Removed top speed limiter
  • Read/Clear (DTC) Codes
  • Tire Size Adjustments

93 Octane Dyno/Street

[youtube_browser]GKMJqjkmXng[/youtube_browser]

87 Octane Dyno

[youtube_browser]7JxoeXUw9iM[/youtube_browser]

Livernois (93) Tuned EcoBoost F150 vs. Stock EcoBoost F150

[youtube_browser]PqE86s5Mk3w[/youtube_browser]

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
NICE! I left a message a week or so ago regarding a tune for my EcoBoosted F100. I did not hear back so did a search for ecoboost and found this site.

What do you have for a non-emission required ecoboost? Or would you suggest same tune?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
NICE! I left a message a week or so ago regarding a tune for my EcoBoosted F100. I did not hear back so did a search for ecoboost and found this site.

What do you have for a non-emission required ecoboost? Or would you suggest same tune?

Thank you for your interest! What is the application?

14.2 mpg !! Nice.

Most guys claim better mileage than stock by about 1.5-2 mpg after the tune. We never see this, because we always beat the lie out of ours.. LOL

-Rick

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Any plans to run the 1/4 mile with this truck? I'd love to see the difference. I bet it picks up almost a full second.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member

Most guys claim better mileage than stock by about 1.5-2 mpg after the tune. We never see this, because we always beat the lie out of ours.. LOL

-Rick

I have a 2011 F150 4x2 EcoBoost engine and trans I am installing in a 1966 F100.

Gearing is 3.15

Actually bought an entire truck that was hit in rear. Adapting the full chassis etc into the '66.

IMG_0036.gif

IMG_0041.gif

IMG_0043.gif

4df97c9d.gif

999496ab.gif

fab8ee34.gif

DSC_0755.gif

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member

-Rick

Any plans to run the 1/4 mile with this truck? I'd love to see the difference. I bet it picks up almost a full second.

Not sure if you were asking me or Rick. Yes, my truck will see the 1/4 Mile. Am hoping for 1000lb weight savings but not sure if I can match that or not. Even 500lbs would be nice.

Tried to post pics but must be because am a newbie would not allow it.

Truck is a 1966 F100. I picked up a hit in rear 2011 F150 4x2 & am using it as a donor truck. Entire 2012 Frame is being used then installing the 2011 engine and trans, suspension into it along with the '66 Cab and box.

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Not sure if you were asking me or Rick. Yes, my truck will see the 1/4 Mile. Am hoping for 1000lb weight savings but not sure if I can match that or not. Even 500lbs would be nice.

Tried to post pics but must be because am a newbie would not allow it.

Truck is a 1966 F100. I picked up a hit in rear 2011 F150 4x2 & am using it as a donor truck. Entire 2012 Frame is being used then installing the 2011 engine and trans, suspension into it along with the '66 Cab and box.

Wow, sounds like an awesome build!

We would use the same tune for your truck.

Thank you,

Rick

kbroush

Established Member
Would this void the factory warranty? Im assuming it would. I would like to tune my ecoboost but since its brand new im reluctant to do so. Any thoughts on what I can do that wont void my drivetrain warranty? Thanks.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Any 1/4 mile times before and after the tune yet?

A customer from another forum posted these results, so I figured I'd copy them here

"It was pretty windy, but all in all, I had a blast!

To put the stats up... 52 degrees, mostly sunny, winds varying 10 to 15, with gusts to 25. Best mph came in 2wd.

2011 scab, 4x4, spray in liner, rockin the beefy 235 wide tires, 3.55 gear, livernois 93 tune, airraid oilless cai, and a solo Mr400 catback."

102574d1335126848t-curse-you-100-mph-forumrunner_20120422_153402.jpg

Best et came in 4wd...

102578d1335126940t-curse-you-100-mph-forumrunner_20120422_153534.jpg

But no scale today... I weigh 330, and ran with the spare tire and tailgate and about 3/8 tank. I know I could break 100, but I was just there w my gf, and didn't want to drive 150 miles round trip sans spare, or trust it w someone there.

She took video, but its grainy as Hell, Lmao and with the wind ya can't hear squat. Overall.... Super happy. Slicks and 100 mph would be a breeze launching on the boost.

13.69 as I drive it to work? I'll take it.

i apologize for the video quality....

but it looks like it was filmed on a wind up camera, lol"

[youtube_browser]aFuLODyaB4s[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]EcG9ghADGgs[/youtube_browser]

Would this void the factory warranty? Im assuming it would. I would like to tune my ecoboost but since its brand new im reluctant to do so. Any thoughts on what I can do that wont void my drivetrain warranty? Thanks.

To be honest, the days of being able to return a vehicle to stock and no one be the wiser are probably gone for good. As computers increase in capability, so do the memories of those computers. I would say the best advice is to be open, and honest with your dealership. You would be surprised what I have seen get warrantied when the truth is out there ahead of time. I am not saying Ford will for sure honor anything, but just go into it knowing these are the risks but this is where our experience is paramount.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'm currently shopping for an ecoboost super crew. Have you made any pulls with the airraid intake? I'm also looking at the heartthrob 4in exhaust. Any experience with it? Thanks Rick

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Edit - the original questions I asked are answered in another thread.

One additional question: When doing 1/4 mile runs in these trucks is it okay to do so in 4x4?

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I'm currently shopping for an ecoboost super crew. Have you made any pulls with the airraid intake? I'm also looking at the heartthrob 4in exhaust. Any experience with it? Thanks Rick

I've heard good things about the Heartthrob system, but we haven't tested it here. We did test several exhaust systems and CAI's and almost all exhausts were around 10-12 HP and the CAI's we 5-8 HP. There are no tune updates needed for these mods.

The Livernois site says something about other tunes being available via web updater. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a separate charge for each tune?
2. I assume the web updater uploads to the tuner. Can the tuner download to a PC in order to save tunes (I'd hate for a tuner glitch to erase my stock tune)?
3. The highest generally available octane level where I live is 91. Any chance a tune specific to 91 will become available?

A noob, piggy-back to question #3 - are off-the-shelf gas additives safe for raising octane levels to allow use of, say, the 93 tune when added to a tank filled with 91?

No, there is no charge for the additional tunes.

The web updater replaces the file on the tuner with the one you download, there is no way to save to a PC, however we hope (in the next few weeks) that the tuner will hold the stock tune plus multiple custom tunes.

We do have a 91 octane specific tune.

Thank you,

Rick

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Thanks Rick. I've listened to tons of exhaust clips and just can't find one I like. I'm considering picking up an 87 Oct tune from you. Is it even worth it? What gains can I expect?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Thanks Rick. I've listened to tons of exhaust clips and just can't find one I like. I'm considering picking up an 87 Oct tune from you. Is it even worth it? What gains can I expect?

I'd say it's definitely worth it. It will pick up roughly 40 WHP/WTQ and most customer see a gain of 1.5-2 mpg. IMO the trans calibration alone is worth it.

Thank you,

Rick

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Sounds great Rick. My truck is showing an ETA of July 23 to the dealer. I'll be in touch.

Ldecharmoy

Hey guys, thought i would post up my ecoboost stuff here. I have been looking to see if i have the fastest ecoboost, but i guess im CLOSE. Here is mine...
2011 f150 ecoboost supercrew 2wd w/ 3:55
f150track.jpg

STOCK numbers on 93 octane
IMAG0461.jpg

1/8 mile STOCK
IMAG0222.jpg

Fastest 1/4 mile STOCK is 14.3@95mph

I just added the SCT tuner on my truck w/ a pre-loaded tune

1/8 mile
IMAG0523.jpg

That pass is with me spinning. I need to get some tires and it should run alittle faster.

Since i have bought this truck new, i have abused the crap out of it everyday and it still runs strong. I have gotten a reward at a track for making the most amount of passes in one night lol....

Let me know what you guys think.

Users who are viewing this thread