Livewire vs. X-Cal 3

SmoknCobra03

Established Member
was wondering which of these if either is better than the other...im looking to get one but dont know if the livewire is actually worth the extra $$. Thanks.

OmahaStang

Established Member
sct

I've gone through this very delima.. I would suggest that you speak to whoever you plan on doing the tune to your vehicle and go with their suggestion.

Most of the people I've spoke to have leaned towards the SCT Xcal 2 or 3. I think the 2 is still most popular for people are very familiar with them. The person I eventually plan to tune my vehicle now uses the 3 for he liked it better so that is the route I'm eventually going to take.

I'm a NOVICE here but this was the information I've located with researching which to go with.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
The livewire can do real-time monitoring (like an Aeroforce Gauge).

Is it better? well, do you need that function? if not then no.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
This has been a long winded debate among tuners for a while. I think you will find that most people (tuners included) will choose the X-Cal 2 over the livewire and X-cal 3.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Don't do the Livewire.

Been dealing with one for a while; the keep messing with the firmware and not getting it right. Just had to send the unit back for warranty.

If you want realtime datalog; an X2; LW; or X3 will all do it...just download LiveLink and patch it through to a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread