Living vicariously...08 gt500 vs paxton coyote

Joewee500

Established Member
As the title says, I'm living vicariously through my friends races til my car comes back. Cars are 08 gt500 Vmp gen2, 67mm tb, 123jlt, catless H and ProEdge Bill miller Torco tune, Mickey Thompson drag radials vs 5.0 paxton 2200, manual, bigs and littles. No dyno numbers.

My buddy in the gt500 rolls through the local spot to see who's out. He's immediately approached by some 18-20 year olds asking to race. He said who wants to run. They point at a civic and he declined. Kiddos said well you pick. He saw the 5.0 in the distance but couldn't make out the tire setup and he didn't know it had a centri. He says "Ill run that". The owner said for how much. My friend said $100. They pull to the street, my friends wife in passenger seat and 5.0 guy is solo. Dig run 5.0 guy honks it off and they're off. Gt500 has 1/2 length off the start but pulls to one full length by 140 and shut it down. He goes back to the start to collect but they felt he lifted early. They argued a bit but still paid up. My friend with the gt500 almost bit off more than he could chew thinking he was gonna smoke a stock 5.0. Closest race he's had.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
Sounds like the two cars were equally matched. They should of run a second time, it might have gone the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread