LM-1 vs. Wideband Commander

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Which is the best deal? I know the LM-1 can dattalog more perameters (I think) How many inputs for dattalogging does the wideband commander have?
Commander is cheaper but the more info I can get the better. :poke:
Whos running what and what are y'alls experiences with each.

Thanks in advance..........Ken

04torchred

Established Member
Okay I searched and found this thread. Now it doesn't answer my question, but what setup is working better for A/F readings?

1. LM-1
2. Dynojet Wideband Commander
3. FAST wideband setup(I am just tossing this in since the unit is new)

I don't really need a gauge for inside the car, so if the LM-1 is just as good as the Wideband Commander I have no issues in saving myself over $100.

So can you guys let me know if any of these units are shit and what I should stay away from. I need to grab a wideband so Hermann knows what my A/F is like for tuning my new ported setup. TIA

MikeW

Established Member
I have the WBC and looked at the LM-1 when looking (2+years ago). I went w/ the WBC because it was what I wanted and it looked like I could install it without much pain. It can datalog RPM,TPS,A/F just like the LM1. The Lm-1 you have to buy extras to be able datalog RPM and other stuff.

WBC has been great!

The WBC and LM-1 both us a Bosh LS4 sensor. The LM1 you have to calibrate from time to time it seems. Both are about the same.

If I were looking now I look into the NGK http://www.ngk.com/afx/ it does not data log on it on its' own (I think) but you can send its' signal to your xcal or other data logger. It also uses a NTK sensor. That can be a plus because the NTK sensor will either read an accurate a/f reading or not read at all whereas the LSU4 sensor can loose its' accuracy after time. It can use the Bosh sensor as well too.

Another I'd look into now would be the Fast Dual sensor system. I have not looked into it but I assume it works like the others and has two sensors for reading each bank which can be a big plus.

Study up.... find the want that has what you want and remember to study the install instructions of each so you can figure that into you final choice.

Good Luck :cheers:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
97topless snake said:
If I were looking now I look into the NGK http://www.ngk.com/afx/ it does not data log on it on its' own (I think) but you can send its' signal to your xcal or other data logger. It also uses a NTK sensor. That can be a plus because the NTK sensor will either read an accurate a/f reading or not read at all whereas the LSU4 sensor can loose its' accuracy after time. It can use the Bosh sensor as well too.

the NGK comes as a kit with the Bosch LSU sensor included.....if you want the better NTK AEGO sensor, you must purchase it separately ($160)

unless someone knows where to get the NGK AFX controller by itself.... :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread