loading tune?

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
hey fellas, im in need of help with this one, i just bought tom's tune, and i have my predator tuner, donno how to load it from the laptop onto the predator, is there a how to section for this? if not, i know most of you guys have done the tune so pleaseeeeeeeeee help me !

thanks

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Go to predator's web sight, I think it's DiabloSport.com. Anyways, thier are step by step instructions on it, also, you need to down load the software to be able to transfer the files from your computer to the hand held.

Good Luck

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
the diablosport website shows instructions on how to update the tuner but not on how to upload a tune from a laptop. also the diablo downloader can upload .crom files, tom's tune is .frg , so its not taking it

im clueless with this stuff

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Very strange, Tom works well with Predator's, I'm sure he would not send you a tune you could not load. But what you say is correct as far as I remember, so you got me stumped on this one as well. You should be able to connect the tunner to the computer via a 9 pin, then force load a custom tune. Select load custom tune on the Tuner, then load from computer. But with the .frg file, I'm lost, I don't know computers all that well. Dunno man, good luck. I'm sure come Monday, many more will chime in.

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
drivablity overall improved, no more of that annoying excessive throttle tip in that makes for the jerky ride, also it launches with less revs. i redlined first gear and it spun the wheels after sticking 2nd in, it never did that before so thats some extra power realized.

however, it could be just me, but it doesnt feel like its goin anywhere at about 2k rpm, i feel the need to take it to 3k between every gear just to keep up with traffic, it didnt need that before the tune...

i got the tuner separate from ebay for $290 and tom's tune was $125, also the cable to hook the laptop to the predator was $40 so all in all, $455 total

not much gains in the power department, but better drivablity is wat tom's tune gets u

Users who are viewing this thread