Local 10yo Crashes badly

GringoLoco

Deadly Poster
Established Member
Medford, OR, 10-24-09:

Local rider, 10 yr old, Chase Grimes, was injured in a terrible crash while at Salem Arenacross on 10/24/09. Chase sustained a broken femur and Tib/Fib in his leg, shattered ankle, Heel, injuries to his knee, a broken back and possible vertebrae damage. He was rushed to OHSU Doernbechers, Portland, OR hospital for surgery. Chase's parents have asked for everyone to pray for him.

Chase's parents, Brad and Sadie, have been heavily involved in the local racing scene. Brad and Sadie started Southern Oregon Supercross and Arenacross approx. 3 years ago. Their willingness to help out the local riders is unquestionable.

Friend's of the family would like to give back. We have started a fund to help the family with expenses arriving from this tragic accident. Monetary contributions can be made 2 ways. Paypal or through Evergreen Federal bank. Be assured that all funds received will go to the family . For questions or concerns please contact: Dennis Burt 541-226-6715 or Lindsey Robertson 541-261-5561

1. You can go to www.paypal.com, click on the send money tab. When prompted, fill in the send to email as: [email protected]. Continue by logging in, or starting an account. Identify the donation as a gift and state in the comments section: Chase Grimes Fund. Remember, if you want to be identified as anonymous please say so in the comments portion.

2.. A fund has been setup at Evergreen Federal Bank. Contributions can be made at all branches. Make deposits or checks payable to "FOB Chase Grimes". Checks can be mailed to: Evergreen Federal Bank. .....PO Box 2020 Grants Pass, OR 97528 or to any branch.

A benefit fundraiser is in the works. Possibly an auction/raffle and dinner. Anyone wishing to help or to make donations can contact: Dennis Burt 541-226-6715 or Lindsey Robertson 541-261-5561
chase%20grimes%20flyer2.jpg

Anyone wishing to post a prayer or other message to the family, send an email to [email protected] and we will be sure to post it on this page. If you have any further information please let us know.
race_for_chase.htm

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
sorry to hear that really sucks. only 10 years old too parents mabye shoulda started him out a little slower :shrug:

GringoLoco

Deadly Poster
Established Member
He is a great rider, too. His throttle stuck wide open in the race. Hoping these charity events we are doing will raise enough money to help him get a chance to race again and keep the family running the ArenaCross series. Thanks for the good feedback.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Not trying to sound crass here and my heart truly goes out for the boy, but if my 10-yr old child were participating in a sport where severe injury, a potential for paralysis, or even death are possible, I would have been carrying as much medical insurance as I could afford.

Sure hope he recovers and has a chance at a normal life.

U.M.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
He is a great rider, too. His throttle stuck wide open in the race. Hoping these charity events we are doing will raise enough money to help him get a chance to race again and keep the family running the ArenaCross series. Thanks for the good feedback.

that sucks for him and the parents!

Im usually not a sue happy person but i see a moto manufacturere that can get taken to court here if the throttle stuck.

bright blue

Established Member
that sucks for him and the parents!

Im usually not a sue happy person but i see a moto manufacturere that can get taken to court here if the throttle stuck.

Not if the bike was modified in ANY way. Rejetted carbs to accomodate pipe, filter, etc.

Sucks to hear about. We have several kids around here that race both moto and drag, it's hard to see one take a fall, but it is inevitable. My prayers go out to the young man, may he make a full and speedy recovery.

Mr. Pace

Established Member
Shameful Parents

I truly feel sorry for the kid because he was not able to decline these actions imposed on him by his glory hungry parents. I hope he can heel to have a moderately normal life.
I congratulate the parents for having gotten away with this act of flagrant child abuse. I hope they don't have other children to endanger.

GringoLoco

Deadly Poster
Established Member
I can appreciate the frustration with the details, but this post was meant to encourage support for Chase. I am confident that his parents are punishing themselves enough by seeing their child injured in the way he was. Chased loves racing and I don't feel he was abused in any way by being allowed to race. I have not been told he was forced to race in any way and am not here to pass judgment, but to empathize and share his unfortunate situation with as many people as possible. Please keep up the positive comments and Pray for Chase!

MariahMassacre

Oh wow, I haven't seen Chase in so long and the first thing I heard about him after so long is this. ): Hopefully he'll recover quickly, I heard he's doing better.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Not trying to sound crass here and my heart truly goes out for the boy, but if my 10-yr old child were participating in a sport where severe injury, a potential for paralysis, or even death are possible, I would have been carrying as much medical insurance as I could afford.

Sure hope he recovers and has a chance at a normal life.

U.M.

Ditto.

Not if the bike was modified in ANY way. Rejetted carbs to accomodate pipe, filter, etc.

Sucks to hear about. We have several kids around here that race both moto and drag, it's hard to see one take a fall, but it is inevitable. My prayers go out to the young man, may he make a full and speedy recovery.

There definitely shouldn't be any lawsuit. How is it the moto companies fault a 10 year old was involved in a race.

I can appreciate the frustration with the details, but this post was meant to encourage support for Chase. I am confident that his parents are punishing themselves enough by seeing their child injured in the way he was. Chased loves racing and I don't feel he was abused in any way by being allowed to race. I have not been told he was forced to race in any way and am not here to pass judgment, but to empathize and share his unfortunate situation with as many people as possible. Please keep up the positive comments and Pray for Chase!

No doubt. I'm sure Chase's parents are angry with themselves. I hope Chase makes a full recovery. I know that when I was ten, I would have been very dangerous behind the wheel of anything.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Sorry to hear about his injuries. But why should I give my money to him? Thats like me playing with knifes all the time and getting cut, and asking people for money to fix it. For one 10 years old is too young to be riding like that. But if he and his parents want him to ride that young, accept the outcome.

Good luck to him and hope he recovers.

Users who are viewing this thread