Local ford dealer has two GT overpriced????

gduquett

SVT Rocks
Established Member
That is the only time I have heard that Ricart discounted anything! I tried to buy a left over 2004 Mach 1 from them and they wanted sticker for that - when the 2005 GT's were on the way to the lots.

wvmystichrome said:
Ricart Ford in Columbus Oh., priced one to a close friend for $139,000.00. Sticker price.

Theres a White/Blue--Red/White Strpies in Lafayette,Louisiana-At Hub-City-Ford Co. I believe the phone# is-[337]-233-4500-ask for Buddy Guilbeau. I believe they would let them go around $180,000.00,for the one you want meaning chose your color-White/Red one. At one time they were asking $250,000.00 per car,and turned down $230,000.00/$205,000.00,back around 8-to 12 months ago. The white/Blue stripes was the first one in,around a year ago,and the Red/white-stripe came in about 7,months latter,eigther way I believe they would take an offer now but not less then 180ish,so who knows now call them. Just thought I inform you on these two Ford GTs.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
+1, i would buy a nice 360modena or a 430 for that kinda cash

huh? But the GT mops the floor with the 360 and out performs the 430 and IMO, looks better doing it! Besides, I've heard Ferraris aren't the most dependable cars on the road either.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
There was a white one fully loaded with blue stripes at my dealer that just sold for 185 last month...I personally would never pay over 200 for one.

Cobra-R

Established Member
I wouldn't even be willing to pay sticker for a GT anymore, there are way too many of them. There will be new cars sitting in dealers showrooms for the years to come. Then start dropping used GT's onto the market and the market is going to get softer and softer.

Brian

Ford-GT

Brian; youre 100% correct,thats what GREED will do. These Dealerships took advantage of us,refering to custommers that paid $100,000.00 over MSRP,but no one twisted there arms,so in a way they are to blame also. These dealers will be looking at them for some time now on there show-room floors ,which I do not feel sorry for them. MSRP is still too much money . Latter;
Randy;

Last edited:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
You want funny????

Here's funny:
The 3 Shelby dealers that I had been in discussions with all went back on their promise of "MSRP, absolutely", one of them even promised this for over a year. One dealer in particular Portsmouth Ford, Portsmouth, NH , had this to say:

Me: Are you taking orders on the GT500?
Him: We decided to have a list, you want on?
Me: Sure do.
Him: So you're willing to pay $200k?
Me: (long, intentional silence) $200k......for a MUSTANG?
H: It's a SHELBY . And besides, one went at auction for over $600k
M: You do realize that this was for charity, and for the 1st one produced?
H: Yup.
M: And that they plan to produce 10k units/year for 2 years?
H: Yes.
M: (sarcastically) You can take me off your list, then.

Why would I pay $200k for a car that they will make 20k units of, when I could have a Ford GT (sitting in their showroom) at sticker, with much more performance, rarity, and looks and save myself about $40k? :lol: Drop blotter acid much????? :rollseyes And you wonder why Ford is losing business??? Their dealers are insane!!!!!

frankin

Established Member
SVT GT said:
Yeah I agree, they dont want to sell them. Probally the owners or someone they know want the cars.

It's just like Hollywood. If people keep promoting a demand then they will name a price, because some idiots will support it and pay it.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Here's funny:
The 3 Shelby dealers that I had been in discussions with all went back on their promise of "MSRP, absolutely", one of them even promised this for over a year. One dealer in particular Portsmouth Ford, Portsmouth, NH , had this to say:

Me: Are you taking orders on the GT500?
Him: We decided to have a list, you want on?
Me: Sure do.
Him: So you're willing to pay $200k?
Me: (long, intentional silence) $200k......for a MUSTANG?
H: It's a SHELBY . And besides, one went at auction for over $600k
M: You do realize that this was for charity, and for the 1st one produced?
H: Yup.
M: And that they plan to produce 10k units/year for 2 years?
H: Yes.
M: (sarcastically) You can take me off your list, then.

Why would I pay $200k for a car that they will make 20k units of, when I could have a Ford GT (sitting in their showroom) at sticker, with much more performance, rarity, and looks and save myself about $40k? :lol: Drop blotter acid much????? :rollseyes And you wonder why Ford is losing business??? Their dealers are insane!!!!!

Holy shit, thats signature material. Insane, these dealers need the Canadian laws slapped on them.

Well the dealership I bought mind from in Baton-Rouge,Louisiana.I've bought a 96,98,Cobra,a,2000-Lightning,99-F150-4x4,and ordered a 2007-Shelby-GT-500,about a year ago with a deposit of $1000.00,on it and a Hand Skake.I spoke to my sales-man,and G.M.,Friday on the status of my Shelby,and was assured by the G.M.,that at the end of this moth ,they will call me to order my color and options ,that I want ,and wheather I wanted a coupe/converitable. I'm going with the coupe,due to the looks of it I prefer,and Body Stripes on it,probably White/Blue-stripes,or thinking of the new color that will replace the yellow,not sure of the color name,buts it's between Orange/yellow/blend/with Tungsten/Stripes,should be gergious.I would like too see the color sample in the broucher when they release it this month,and make my final decision,and yes there are Dealers out there that will honor there word just with a hand shake,and a Deposit does help also. Latter;
Randy Fontenot;

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread