Local LEO hit by car...

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I'd be pretty damn pissed if I was that LEO. I can't stand when people drive in the right lane when an officer has someone pulled over.

crizzut

Established Member
im not saying the cop was at fault, and I hope he's ok, but on a 2 lane highways why not pull completely off the road, why was he standing in the street at all? I only ask because we really don't have any 2 lane roads where Im at and the cops always seem to head to the passenger side of the car. Again, I hope he's alright.

95riosnake

Established Member
I'd be pretty damn pissed if I was that LEO. I can't stand when people drive in the right lane when an officer has someone pulled over.

I think what happened there, after watching the impact several times, is the red truck was going left of center to drive around the cop car which is blocking some of the right lane, a car on the other side hit the truck head on, causing the back end to swing around and hit the cop.

In the end, I blame the oncoming car that did not move over to let the truck by, even though it would probably technically be the driver of the red truck's fault being that he was left of center. The oncoming car's driver was probably either a jerk who wouldn't just give the truck some room, wasn't paying attention at all and had no time to react, or was doing the usual rubbernecking that most drivers do whenever they drive past a cop with someone pulled over.

EDIT: Watched the video again and the white truck that passes just before the wreck barely makes it past the oncoming white car.

Last edited:

V3C1AN

Established Member
I think what happened there, after watching the impact several times, is the red truck was going left of center to drive around the cop car which is blocking some of the right lane, a car on the other side hit the truck head on, causing the back end to swing around and hit the cop.

In the end, I blame the oncoming car that did not move over to let the truck by, even though it would probably technically be the driver of the red truck's fault being that he was left of center. The oncoming car's driver was probably either a jerk who wouldn't just give the truck some room, wasn't paying attention at all and had no time to react, or was doing the usual rubbernecking that most drivers do whenever they drive past a cop with someone pulled over.

EDIT: Watched the video again and the white truck that passes just before the wreck barely makes it past the oncoming white car.

That's exactly what happened. Though I'd put both drivers at blame being neither of them slowed down and the truck could have simply waited for the oncoming white car to pass before proceeding. I swear, with the lack of decency and the lack of common sense involved I would think this would have taken place in FL :nonono:. Thankfully, according to the description the officer suffered a swollen ankle and is going to be fine.

z06_23_45

Established Member

For sure. You can hear the impact of the head on collision right before the hit.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
The police car was off set of the car he pulled specifically to slow people down and give him some protection in the event his car was hit. We can all question why he was on the drivers side and not the passenger, but the point is someone was in a hurry and made a very bad decision resulting in two totaled cars and an injured officer.

Other LEO,s can sympathize with the officer involved and will take it in consideration the next time they pull someone on a 2 lane road.

Users who are viewing this thread