Local track tech inspection?

Scarpino

Established Member
I will be relocating my battery to the bed this weekend....so to make a long story short:

Does tech inspection really look for a batery kill switch?

I have been to Rynolds and to Commerce and tech has never inspected my truck.

Do they only inspect for bracket racing or do they inspect for all racing, including T&T?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Commerce has inspected when I went there but it has been a couple of years since I've been back to Commerce. The dragstrip in Cecil, GA just north of Valdosta on I-75 didn't give a shit [at the time] and they're a brand new facility.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'm not sure how strict they are at commerce as I was mostly stock. They did make sure I had a helmet after my 13.6 run though.

Scarpino

Established Member
Same here. I dont like commerce though, its like a freaking ice-skating rink compared to some other tracks.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
That's a hit or miss kinda deal. If they notice your battery is in the back, they will require a kill switch at every one of these tracks SDR, SGMP and Commerce. However, if they aren't really checking that day, you may slide through. I would just go ahead and get one. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. At SGMP I've seen them make a guy crank his car and then make sure the kill switch actually killed the power to the car.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
SDR has never looked under my hood or in the bed (tonneau and tailgate on), my batt has been in the bed for a year or so now, not that I go to the track much! Test 'n tunes are very lax from what I've seen. I wouldn't sweat it.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Last test and tune I went to at SDR the tech guy looked under my hood and jiggled my Bat cables to make sure they were tight...

Scarpino

Established Member
Thanks guys....

Like you said, I'm not going to sweat it for a while.

Fade 2 Black...you have a pm

Users who are viewing this thread