Locating previous owner of a 1996 cobra PA,MD,NJ area

Labukas19

Established Member
Hi all. I’m looking at this 1996 cobra. Vin 1falp47v2tf110282
It’s champagne red with silver vinyl stripes. Has 74k on it. Guy would take 5200 for it. Ran the carfax and it’s been around. Bounced from Maryland. Delaware. Nj and pa. Had 8 owners. Some of them fr only a couple months which is concerning. Bod is super clean. Not rot or major dings. Some clear coat peeling. Has a exhaust leak at midpipe collector at passenger side. I’m guessing someone had a midpiep on and took off. Has cai. Lowered and rear LCA’s. Looks like diff cover was off with rtv smudge around and leaking slightly. Car has a bad miss so didn’t road test it. I dialed it to be number 8 wire. Picking up a wire today then gonna road test. Just trying to locate a previous owner to see if I’m getting something that was modded and beat. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Link to pics Album — Postimage.org

Labukas19

Established Member
Yes I did that. No accidents reported. But 8 owners. And a few only owning it for a few months and couple hundred miles. I also noticed the ignition key is uncut. Like a blank. Lol

NJCobra96

Established Member
Personally, I wouldn't touch it.....you're inheriting 8 other's problems....purchased my 96 3 years ago....1 owner...all stock down to the exhaust....older guy....good car fax...put 142K on it over 19+ years....now has 154,500 and 0 issues...I wouldn't have bought it with multiple owners...JMO. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread