Locking Gas Cap

Mowgli

Established Member
Can anyone reccommend a good locking gas cap for the 03?

I don't want a locking gas cap door, but the cap itself, as I don't want to change the car's lines.

But I am really nervous about having a non-locked gas cap.

Black Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli
Can anyone reccommend a good locking gas cap for the 03?

I don't want a locking gas cap door, but the cap itself, as I don't want to change the car's lines.

But I am really nervous about having a non-locked gas cap.

Check out pages 224-225 of the owner's manual. Pay close attention to VOIDED WARRANTY coverage for damage to the fuel tank and/or fuel systems due to improper pressures in the fuel tank.

It looks like a locking fuel door is the only way to go. It might be possible to have a locksmith install a locking mechanism onto the stock fuel door.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
I know the original post said no locking door, but a subsiquent post said locking door, you might contact tofast4u-Cobra03, he has a door installed that operates on the fob, with the trunk release, and it looks good too.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I put a locking gas cap on mine in the first week, no telling what kind of "hater's" will visit the car while it is out from under my eyesight.

At least it is a small comfort. Can't recall the exact brand but it works just like all the others.

El Culebra

Established Member
I bought a locking gas cap today just strap on and tighten the bolt and away you go I thought it would be a good investment since we live a wierd society thus avoiding sugar in my tank.

make sure you buy it at the dealer OEM stuff. 01 02 Mustang is good.
:thumbsup:

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Bought it when I got my Cobra from Ford. They gave me a 10% coupon for acc's. so I used it. Its kind of nice, black with a crome notch cover for the key hole and it says Ford. IMO a good deal for the security of my gas tank.

Sugar + Gas Tank =:nono:

So Says Me...

Users who are viewing this thread