Lonestar Performance open house anyone?

adamb258

Established Member
Saturday June 11th from 10am to 5pm Lonestar Performance will have an open house w/ free pizza and drinks. door prizes and $10.00 car and motorcycle dyno pulls. Get there early to sign up for the dyno pulls as they'll only take so many....30, 40 or 50...I'm not sure. Some other events will be happening also.
Should be fun.

3601 Forest Lane
Garland
972-205-9100

A little west of the intersection of Forest Lane (66) and Jupiter.

Just seeing if anyone here is going up there?

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
well i dynoed 390/395 with a catback, so that LS dyno likes me. I could not get 5 more hp. A tip for 03 guys...bring a cooler and bags of ice, and dyno as eairly as you can. Put the ice on the blower before, and if they let you while you dyno. Watch your numbers fly 5-25hp up.

MTI LS1

Venix said:
well i dynoed 390/395 with a catback, so that LS dyno likes me. I could not get 5 more hp. A tip for 03 guys...bring a cooler and bags of ice, and dyno as eairly as you can. Put the ice on the blower before, and if they let you while you dyno. Watch your numbers fly 5-25hp up.

Why would you do this. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Do you race down the track with ice on the blower? Its fine to ice it before but run it on the dyno with ice on it? LOL, gotta be one of the funnier things I have heard in a long time.

If you want to know your real street numbers under operating temp, just let the car cool off with no ice. Why would you want to inflate your numbers?

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
BigZach said:
Why would you do this. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Do you race down the track with ice on the blower? Its fine to ice it before but run it on the dyno with ice on it? LOL, gotta be one of the funnier things I have heard in a long time.

If you want to know your real street numbers under operating temp, just let the car cool off with no ice. Why would you want to inflate your numbers?
Well it keeps it cool for you next run. Its not about the one you are doing, its about not heatsoaking the blower for the next run. I lost 23hp by my 3rd run, and 18TQ. If you want to use ice at the track then build an ice box. Im just giving advice for consistant dyno numbers rather than having them all over the place.

Edit: Also, they are not going to give you breaks between runs. I did all 3 of mine in like 5 min or less. Just enough time to stop the car, reset the graph, print the old graph, and run it again.

Last edited:

MTI LS1

Dynoeing the car while hot is what I'd rather have. I love people that come on here with a 2.8 pulley no port or lower and claim to have 530+rwtq. Thats just not possible. Dynoeing hot you can see how much your car is really making during real world driving.

I was just laughing at running the car with ice on the blower. Having an intercooler reservior with ice is totally different. Its actually a mod.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
BigZach said:
Dynoeing the car while hot is what I'd rather have. I love people that come on here with a 2.8 pulley no port or lower and claim to have 530+rwtq. Thats just not possible. Dynoeing hot you can see how much your car is really making during real world driving.

I was just laughing at running the car with ice on the blower. Having an intercooler reservior with ice is totally different. Its actually a mod.
Exactly, I never turn my car off when I am tuning it, let it run hot and get to opperating temps and do pull after pull... I let it cool for about 10 minutes then make a back up pull just to say what it is, but using ice and shit is good for the track, but lame to claim meaningless #s... :dw:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
adamb258 said:
Hey no stock cars allowed!
Were you rolling down S/C today with a True Blue Bullitt behind you around 10ish? If so I was waving at you in a Red TL with limo tint, and your girlfriend looked frightened... :D

I was gonna ask if it was you, but you kept speeding up, and I was in no mood to haul ass trying to yell at you at 60. Nice looking car! :thumbsup:

adamb258

Established Member
LOl yeah that was me. She was liek "adam this guys jsut lookign at us", lol. Shoulda yelled at me man, or followd for that matter

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
BigZach said:

oh...well i could care less about the actual number....i like i said would rather have consistant numbers. Now having consistant high numbers shows you how much your can can optimaly perform. The numbers are there to help you, not to brag about. It lets you know your cars responce to your mods. Now most people to not do all of there monds in 1 day, so with the ice its very good to have a simular blower temp when redynoing the car. I dont race straight line, so numbers mean nothing to me. Tires and suspension means much more. But when i tune my car i want it as close to 100% as possible. Tuning a hott car will not allow you to make all of the proper adjustments because not one of your pulls will be anywhere near the others.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
STROKD said:
Exactly, I never turn my car off when I am tuning it, let it run hot and get to opperating temps and do pull after pull... I let it cool for about 10 minutes then make a back up pull just to say what it is, but using ice and shit is good for the track, but lame to claim meaningless #s... :dw:
again...not for the numbers...it adds lots of them...but not its general purpose.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
adamb258 said:
LOl yeah that was me. She was liek "adam this guys jsut lookign at us", lol. Shoulda yelled at me man, or followd for that matter
LOL yea she kept looking over like why are you gawking at us? :shrug:

My girlfriend was confused why I was pacing you till I said I thought I knew you from here, she thought I was tryig to hit on your girl... lol :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread