long distant relationships

nj7703

Established Member
I "dated" my GF for over a year that way. It sucks, but if you have long term goals together, makes you appreciate that time together more. Not to sound sappy, but it does make you a bit more prepared for time apart, stronger in some ways. Just make sure you have a good phone plan :)

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
depends on the distance and length of time between visits

They can work and they can strengthen the realtionship.

*thinks to himself* now why the f*** didn't mine work out???? :lol:

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
I wouldn't necessarily agree with the failure rate of 99%, especially now a days when the internet is such a viable tool to keep in touch with people. Zach and I had a long distance relationship, we are now married, known each other for 5 years, going on 3 years marriage.

The key is good communication, cell phones have awesome plans these days and email and messenger is a wonderful way to keep in touch. Then take turns visiting each other, I got lucky Zach visited me more often, but I also my daughter was 3 when we first met so made it easier for him to travel then me.

nj7703

Established Member
I'm going on 9 years and so far it is the only one that did work. :shrug:

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
I think AIM has caused problems for me.
I mean, there have been times where I would say something and she would overreact just because she got the wrong impression. I would stick to phones and emails. Screw instant messenger.

97_cobra_97

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I "dated" my GF for over a year that way. It sucks, but if you have long term goals together, makes you appreciate that time together more. Not to sound sappy, but it does make you a bit more prepared for time apart, stronger in some ways. Just make sure you have a good phone plan :)

i plan on moving in spring, i just got back yestereday from spending 10 days with her.
the more time i spend with her the harder it is to leave her.

unlimited nights and weekend and free long distance :thumbsup:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I have no doubt that they can work. I am involved in one right now. Living near L.A. with the woman living up in the bay area. About 5-6 hour drive. We see each other pretty much every weekend. As NJ said Its the only one that did work. It requires alot of time but pays dividends in the end as we always look forward to seeing each other.

Now cross country is a different story.

97_cobra_97

Established Member
Originally posted by SohowcomeHottie
I wouldn't necessarily agree with the failure rate of 99%, especially now a days when the internet is such a viable tool to keep in touch with people. Zach and I had a long distance relationship, we are now married, known each other for 5 years, going on 3 years marriage.

The key is good communication, cell phones have awesome plans these days and email and messenger is a wonderful way to keep in touch. Then take turns visiting each other, I got lucky Zach visited me more often, but I also my daughter was 3 when we first met so made it easier for him to travel then me.

:thumbsup: in the last two months i've only missed talking with her two nights and we email each other every day at work

Allow me to clarify here folks. Since I am 20, I am fresh out of the teenage world. In that world, 99% of long distance relationship will fail. I guess when mature adults (with a drivers license :D) are involved, they can succeed more often.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by stangsare4girls
Allow me to clarify here folks. Since I am 20, I am fresh out of the teenage world. In that world, 99% of long distance relationship will fail. I guess when mature adults (with a drivers license :D) are involved, they can succeed more often.

20?? No wonder. At 20 i was a "walking erection" :-D At 20 I would not be thinking long term i know sounds horrible but, live your 20's how they are meant to be lived for a while.:beer:

97_cobra_97

Established Member
Originally posted by stangsare4girls

so then 26 and 27 would have a good shot at working

nj7703

Established Member
It's all about maturity. Hey sometimes things workout, and it is best to go with it. If your gut says to try, what do you have to lose? :)

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
after moving from Minnesota to Arizona I tried to keep the relationship going.. lots fo email... and a few trips... the plan was for her to move down here things never go as planned. that was about 5 years ago.

I'm happy it worked out the way it did though... my current girlfriend is funner, prettier, younger, has implants that simply rock my world, and she is local.

advantages to long distance though is that you don't always have to include your significant other in every little thing you do. you have weekends to do your own thing... basically you get freedom.

:beer:

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
As long as she has gotten out of her party years.

she??

usually its the guys that are always drinking and stuff, I know girls do but lol usually its guys going "uhhh beeeer" lol.

Originally posted by ygohome
I'm happy it worked out the way it did though... my current girlfriend is funner, prettier, younger, has implants that simply rock my world, and she is local.
:beer:

How big are the implants?

Users who are viewing this thread