Long tube compatibility

max5ive0

Established Member
This is a long shot. I have a 2012 Boss 302. My research may be flawed, but it seems Kooks' longtube, which is apparently a mid-length header technically, has the ideal primary length for the new 5.0. And I want my cake and eat it too, which means I want an X-pipe AND my side pipes AND Kooks long tubes. ARH makes an x-pipe with side outlets. I have been wondering if anyone has measured or test fitted just that ARH X section to the cat or cat-delete section from Kooks. I know, I expect to bang my head on wall.

RedBossman

Established Member
Keep it simple and run the Kooks Boss specific H pipe with your Boss side pipes. I'm installing this setup on my 2013 Boss right now. Headers are on, mid pipe, OTA pipes and mufflers are next.

Jebadias

Established Member
I chose kooks for my boss specifically because they made an h pipe, but if you want an x pipe kooks makes that too, just look around. I would find it for ya but it's a bit of a pain from the phone.

max5ive0

Established Member
Still trying to find an x pipe that had side outlets for the Boss, that will pair with Kooks. I might sacrifice the side pipes I guess, for the sound of the x pipe

max5ive0

Established Member
I have. They said they have not done a prototype and would need my car to do it. I offered to whore my car out for them to engineer the set, but I haven't heard from them yet, LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread