Long Tube Header ?'s

IcemanSN95

Established Member
Hi I did do a search and saw discussions of LT hanging low and scrapping on speed bumps but haven't seen anything on vibrating on the car anywhere. What I'm wanting to know is which brand you have and if your headers vibrate against the car anywhere ( K member, Frame, etc.) I have Pacesetters now and I had to dent them in quite a few places. I had to purchase a MM steering shaft. I had to get the X pipe modified quite a bit as the Pacesetter one didn't fit right. I have new poly mounts and moved everything that I could to try to get them to quit rubbing. I don't want to go back to the stock manifolds or shortys. So I'm looking real close at either Mac's or Bassani Mid's. I don't want to shell out the money for Hookers, Kook's, or American Racing.

Let me know the setup you have and if you had to do anything special to get them to clear everything.

Thanks!
Brad:beer:

Noreast

Established Member
Mac LT. 2" drop just gotta crab walk along speed bumps. They don't hit anything except my ac line and melted a hole in it. Only denting I did was a small one so I could drop the tranny

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have a New Edge, with Mac LT's but it's substantially similar to SN95's. No clearance or vibrating issues. I'm still at stock ride height for now though.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
BBK and they are hammered from hitting stuff.. You can seen them in the sig picture below. They are the lowest part of the car. They don't hit on the body or k-frame though.

No good solution IMHO. Pre-fab LT's will hang low for these cars unfortunately..

IcemanSN95

Established Member
Yeah, my Pacesetter's hang low also. THat doesn't bother me really. It's the banging and vibrating on the car and hearing them rattle against the car at idle that's driving me crazy LOL! They were such a nightmare to install that I only want (Don't want to but...) go back in and install these last set and be done. I have the stage 8 header bolts also :-D

Keep the feedback coming! I appreciate it! :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread